How to migrate the whole vault from the primary one to Personal?

Donaldd
Donaldd
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi all :)
I have 2 iOS devices, 2 windows PC and 0 Mac (Yes, I think this is the problem)
This problem is quite annoying:
I was trying to migrate all my entries from SafeInCloud to 1password families and faced quite a lot problems when converting.
When finishing the conversion, I found that it is a difficult task to migrate the converted vault to 1password:
1. I installed the trial version of 1password on Windows (Yes, it cannot do the migration for Families, but I need to sync it to dropbox), imported all the entries by the community-supported convertion tool, and then, sync with dropbox.
2. Install the iOS version of 1password, sync with dropbox and login to the 1password families
3. Move all the entries "ONE BY ONE" from the primary vault to the personal vault (which is the "primary vault" for 1password families" on my phone...
4. When facing over 400 entries, you know... :(

I have even changed my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 to try the 1password beta, but no good...

Is there any "automated" way to migrate all the entries from the primary vault to Families?

Maybe I need to buy a Mac :'(

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Donaldd,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

You could certainly do the mass migration in 1Password for Mac, but you should also be able to do it in the 1Password 6 beta for Windows (which even works on Windows 7). It looks a lot like the 1Password for Windows 10 app, but it isn't distributed through Microsoft's Windows Store. It can read your local vault, and you can move items to your family vaults like this:

Windows: How to migrate to a family or team

If you have any trouble, please let us know. I'm going to move this discussion to the Windows Beta category, so we can best assist you. :)

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

Hi @khad ,
    Thank you for the quick reply.
    Wow, a new version for Windows is available now? That's a good news!!!! I will try that! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Donaldd: We'll be excited to hear your feedback on the beta of our new Windows app! :)

• MikeT
    edited May 2016

Hi @Donaldd,

Just a few issues you should know about, the attachments and Password items are not yet carried over in the migration in 1Password 6 for Windows betas. We're working on fixing that as soon as possible.

In addition, 1Password 6 for Windows is an early beta with real beta risks. Please keep your original vault and backups and don't get rid of them until later.

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

@brenty
    Finally, I could import and migrate all the entries without endless clicking on my phone :p
    For now, everything is fine (version 2016.5.2204d)

EDIT: Not everything :( I get duplicated passwords in each entry on Windows, but the entries on the web are normal.

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

@MikeT Thank you for the information...
    I'm still using both password managers for now and waiting for the stable version of 1password for Windows. :)
    BTW, is there any plan to add more payment methods for the Families? (IAP in ios, paypal etc,)?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

EDIT: Not everything :( I get duplicated passwords in each entry on Windows, but the entries on the web are normal.

@Donaldd: Thanks for letting us know! Just to clarify, do you mean you're seeing the password twice in an item's details on the right, or are you referring to duplicate Password items?

BTW, is there any plan to add more payment methods for the Families? (IAP in ios, paypal etc,)?

We don't currently have plans to add other payment methods, but it's something we may consider for future versions. Thanks for letting us know the two at the top of your list! ;)

• Donaldd
    Donaldd
    Community Member

Hi, @brenty,
    Yes, I could see the same password twice in an item's detail on the right

• @Donaldd thanks for letting us know, I suspect that this is the same password field being displayed twice. We will check and fix :)

This discussion has been closed.