is the only way to share passwords with an employee is for them to sign on through the web with team

JenBrazeal
JenBrazeal
Community Member

I recently hired and employee and I need her to have access to some passwords. We used to be able to just share the passwords we wanted them to have. Is the only way to "share"with them now is to have them sign in on the web using teams? If so do they have to have a specific email address (ie - NOT gmail...etc.) Now if I want to share 1 or 2 passwords with 1 person I have to make them and email address and then a vault? I'm a little lost on how all of this works now?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:is the only way to share passwords with an employee is for them to sign on through the web with team

Comments

• Hey @JenBrazeal! You will need to invite them to your team account if you're using 1Password Teams. There's no way for them to get shared passwords or other stuff in the team if they aren't a member. ;) Here's how to invite them.

When you share something with them, they can access it from any device they are signed in to their account with. You may need to use the Admin Console on 1Password.com to add them to a vault that has the shared passwords, but other than that you can simply move things among the vaults from the apps. On 1Password for Mac, for example, right-click the item and choose Share, then choose a vault and whether to move or copy it to that vault.

Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.