+password running on Start-Up

I have just done a clean reinstall of Windows 10. However I cannot get 1P to run on Start-Up. After the boot process has concluded I can check Task Manager and see 1P listed as running in the background. However 1P has not asked for my unlock code. It does that the first time I try to activate a log-in. To be more precise, it unlocks 1P on the Task Bar but does not unlock the main 1P; that I have to unlock separately. Any thoughts on:
1. Why it does not ask to be unlocked on Start-Up
2. Why I have to unlock 1P twice?

Finally, in preferences I have Beta checked but I do not have a Beta version installed.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    1. Why it does not ask to be unlocked on Start-Up

@Andrew42: Sorry for the confusion! 1Password isn't meant to nag you to unlock it. You can unlock it when you choose to access your data. We don't want 1Password popping in uninvited. ;)

However, you can add a shortcut to 1Password here if you want it to load with Windows: %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. I also like to edit the shortcut properties to start it minimized so it's out of the way until I need it.

1. Why I have to unlock 1P twice?

If you unlock only in the browser/Helper icon, which is separate, the main app will still be locked. However, you can enable 1Password Preferences > Browsers > When knocking the application, also unlock the browser.

Finally, in preferences I have Beta checked but I do not have a Beta version installed.

You can either check for updates to get the current beta, or deselect the beta option altogether. Cheers! :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thanks
    Unlock on Start Up. I did what you suggested, (I think) but it isn't working. See screen shot below of my start up folder.

Unlock 1P twice: done tks

Beta: I forced an update and now I am on the Beta. Tks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Andrew42: Close! "Start-up" won't work, and the shortcut in the screenshot is one level up. You'll need to have the shortcut to 1Password in this folder:

%appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Perfect, thank you. All done and dusted!

• Glad this worked for you!

Cheers @Andrew42

This discussion has been closed.