Safari Extensions list shows a blank screen

since I installed the current update (build 31052) an error occured within Safari: the extensions window is completely empty (no entries possible!); before there were different entries.
What happened and what can I do to restore the browser?

Comments

• Hello 1puburap,

Would you please let us know which OS X you are running and which version of Safari?

Thanks.

Brandt
  • 1puburap
    1puburap
    Community Member
    Mac OS X: 10.6.8
    Safari 5.0.5 (6533.21.1)

Greetings
    Fritz
  • tomeg
    tomeg
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    I have what may be a related problem with Safari 5.1 (I also have OS 10.6.8. I am using 1Password 3.6.1 (build 31057), which I believe is the latest beta update.

For this update and the last three or so updates, the release notes say to update Safari 5.1's extension, Preferences/Extensions/1Password extension, but the 1P extension is not in the list. I have uninstalled and re-installed the Safari Browser Extension in Preferences/Browsers/Safari. Is that what the note means?

Also, I cannot find any 1P Extension in the Apple Extensions Gallery. I don't even know how to search for it, since I can't find a search box in the Extensions Gallery to locate the 1P extension.

Finally, it confuses to have both a Browser extension and an Extensions extension to install &/or update.

Thanks for any help, I would appreciate it.
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    tomeg

Please don't double post its may just have been an oops as you may not have been able to find your previous thread :D (been there done that one myself)
    So I have replied in your thread please let us know you have seen it so I can remove the duplicate

http://forum.agile.w...0775#entry30775
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey Fritz,

It sounds like your Safari extensions preferences may have gotten corrupted. If so, the solution is pretty simple:

- Quit Safari
    - Open a Finder window to your Home user folder, then go to Library > Safari > Extensions
    - There should be a file called "Extensions.plist". Trash it
    - Restart Safari, and check the extensions window. It should be back to normal, listing any extensions you have installed

Please let me know how it turns out.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.