1password mini not showing matching logins anymore

For some sites I have multiple logins and I used to choose between those in 1password mini for chrome. After the latest update, i now have 2 problems:

1. The old logins do not appear in the list when I press the shortcut to fill the forms. If I open 1password that are there. I can use search on 1password mini and it will then find those, and open them in a new tab. But it does not show and user them to fill the current tab.
  2. The second problem is that since it did not find the existing logins, it now wants to save the login as new if I copy & paste the username & password to those sites.

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.4
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mini not showing results

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @cdutoit. This sounds like a problem we recently worked on. Please try this: Locate the Login that does not show up properly for you and enter edit mode. Then make some trivial change to the website field such as adding a space to the end. Save the Login and then edit again to remove the trivial change. Does it work better now?

• cdutoit
    cdutoit
    Community Member

Ah, i first tried your solution but that did not solve the problem immediately. I tried in incognito mode however and saw the 1password icon was not in chrome, so I went to enable it in incognito mode. That's when I saw allow access to URLs was unchecked. I retried and it worked for both those where I re-saved with spaces, and also for another site where it did not load my old logins. I will test some more, but I guess the browser extension update removed those permissions and that is what caused the problems.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

That's strange, @cdutoit, as the file URLs permission shouldn't be needed. In any case, I'm glad things are working for you again. If you have any other questions or issues, don't hesitate to post again. We're always here to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.