Configuring ESET Smart Security 8

moamick
moamick
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I tried the steps for ESET NOD32 and they were not successful. The Chrome extension still fails to find the 1Password app. Can you please provide further instructions for EST Smart Security 8?

1Password Version: Windows Alpha
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Passord
Referrer: kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:uninstall-extension, kb:extension-troubleshooting, kb:configure-eset-nod32-antivirus

Comments

• Hi @moamick,

What version number of 1Password program is installed on your PC?

To find out, first open the main 1Password program. Do you see the Help Menu on top? If yes, go to the Help Menu > About 1Password to get the version number.

If you don't see any Help menu but just the lock view, unlock the program, and click on the Settings button on top right to find your version number.

• moamick
    moamick
    Community Member

Version 2016.5.2102u

• Hi @moamick,

Okay, that makes sense. At the moment, the UWP version of 1Password doesn't support browser extensions (Windows Store app). We've only enabled it recently in the latest 1Password 6 beta for Windows updates but not in the UWP version yet. It will be available fairly soon, we just have to make some adjustments at the moment.

If you want the browser extension, you can test the desktop app here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/64591/help-us-welcome-1password-6-to-our-windows-family#latest

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT so browser filling will be in the UWP version too? I thought this isn't possible because of sandboxing.

• Hi @ntimo,

At the moment, yes, we are working on enabling it for the UWP version as well.

Sandboxing isn't the main reason and I think we were not being clear about this before. Sandboxing does make it tougher yes but it doesn't eliminate the possibility completely. Our Mac App Store version of 1Password is sandboxed and we managed to make it work with our browser extensions and we expect the same here for Windows.

Like everything else, we just need more time to implement things in the way we want it and to test it to make sure it will work and if not, we try something else.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

@MikeT that would be so so awesome because then i would maybe switch to this version for a design reason :dizzy: But you never know.

• Yea, we do understand. Not to mention, the Windows Hello support in UWP makes it easier to use all day long without typing the master password again.

We do plan to optimize the desktop interface to be identical to UWP, we're just not at that stage yet where we want to divert our focus to this. After all, the extensions is more of a priority for us right now and you seem to be enjoying it. :smile:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@MikeT of course I am its beeing an amazing first start! I was think that the browser extensions would be added maybe in 2 weeks or so. It really shocked me (in a good way) when I saw that the feature is already out for testing :dizzy:

• :smile: Believe me, it shocked some of our teammates as well to see it available now. Our engineering team is working their butts off to make 1Password really awesome on Windows and we're just taking it one step at a time.

• moamick
    moamick
    Community Member

@MikeT Thanks for the info. I'll try out the Desktop Version.

• You're welcome, let us know how it works out for you.

This discussion has been closed.