Chrome extension doesn't find new login added via main 1Password program.

I have the most current version of 1Password for Windows and Chrome extension. Have restarted 1Password helper. Am syncing with Dropbox. Has always worked for me before but today it won't. I don't know of anything that changed recently. I see the data file in dropbox was modified this morning. Why isn't the chrome extension syncing to dropbox data file? Thanks. Jaime

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Chrome extension doesn't find login added in main 1password program

Comments

• Hi @jaimeson,

Thanks for pinging us.

For one, the 1Password browser extension doesn't access the data in the vault file directly. It simply connects to and launches a 1Password Helper window.

Just to be clear: You can click the 1Password Chrome extension button, unlock the vault, but the new items don't appear?

Are you using more than one vault by any chance?

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

Sorry I wasn't clear. Yes, I can click the 1Password Chrome extension button and unlock the vault, but the newly added item does not appear. I only have 1 vault in dropbox, but I did the trial for Family (Team) 1Password about 2 months ago and never got it to work satisfactorily. At that time, it added all of my husband's entries to my vault. But I've added new logins via the main 1Password program on my desktop since then without problem.

When I accessed 1Password on my phone and iPad in the past, I have had problems with it not pulling from the correct vault, but I'm not sure where/what the incorrect vault is or how it was created. It hasn't been a problem for the last 6 months at least though.

• Thanks @jaimeson,

Can you please open 1Password on either the iPhone or iPad (somewhere where 1Password Families was configured) and check where the lastest item that's not showing up on the PC is stored? You can find this information at the bottom of each item.

Cheers

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

I just checked my iphone, and the one that I created this morning that's missing from the Chrome extension is on the iphone. There's only one I know of that's missing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@jaimeson: Thanks for following up. I'm sorry for the trouble! Alex was referring to the specific vault the item in question belongs to, which will be displayed at the bottom of its details in 1Password for iOS.

It sounds like the item isn't syncing through Dropbox from the iPhone to the PC for some reason. Please try the steps in this guide, as it'll help narrow down where the problem lies:

Dropbox troubleshooting

More specifically, when you login to the Dropbox website, you'll be able to view file changes. See if a new item created in 1Password on each device makes its way to Dropbox in the first place, and then that will give us some idea of where things are going wrong. Please let me know what you find!

• jaimeson
    jaimeson
    Community Member

I don't think I was clear. I created an item directly in 1Password in the main program on my Windows 10 desktop. I then went to Chrome on my desktop and the item was not there. This is unusual - normall they appear immediately. I later went to my iPhone and opened the 1password app - the item was there. So the iPhone seems to be syncing to Dropbox correctly as does my desktop version. It's just in Chrome on the desktop that it doesn't appear,

• Hi @jaimeson,

Can you double-check the address in your item to make sure it matches the one in Chrome's address bar?

If it does match, can you tell us what site this is and if you want this to be private, email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the info. Please also include your forum username and the link to this thread, so we can connect the dots.

This discussion has been closed.