My version too old to communicate with modern browser plugins

1Password and its browser extensions were working fine on this old iMac running Mavericks, but a botched troubleshooting session required me to erase and restore the OS. Now I am trying to get 1Password back to the way it was before.

I installed the browser extensions, but they seem to require a newer version of 1P than the one I have installed. When I click the 1P browser button in Chrome, a new tab opens saying "looking for the 1P app"

When I click "I already installed the app, why isn't this working?" I see the message "Ensure you install version 4." I have v. 3.8.22 on this Mac (from the backup).

Apparently, I need to either find v4 somewhere or install older browser plugins that will work with my version. Please advise.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Cybernettr,

Since we’re talking about 1Password 3 here, I’ve moved your post to our Legacy forum, I hope you don’t mind.

If you would like to continue using 1Password 3, you’ll need to be using the appropriate browser extensions. Those can be found here. It’s important to note though, that if you’re using a newer operating system, you might be better off upgrading to a later version of 1Password. We’ve made some pretty awesome improvements to the app since 1Password 3, I think you will love the newer version.

Now, the upgrade from 1Password 3 to 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, so you won’t see it as an automatic update in the app. As an existing 1Password user, you’re entitled to a loyalty discount when you upgrade. Just enter your existing license details on our upgrade page to see the price of a shiny new license. :)

• Cybernettr
    Cybernettr
    Community Member

Hi, The latest 1P won't run on this older iMac. I have upgraded to the latest 1P on my Mac Mini running El Capitan. Does that qualify me for the upgrades in between on this iMac? If so, where can I download 1P v4? Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@Cybernettr: Why, from the AgileBits downloads page, of course! It's at the bottom under "Legacy". I've also resent your license information via email in case you don't have it handy. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.