A few questions about 1Password 6's new browser integration

Options
pbryanw
pbryanw
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi,

I've noticed that some form of browser integration is now built into the 1Password 6 beta.

I'm just wondering how I would go about using this? Would I have to uninstall 1Password 4 first, and would I have to install the beta extensions for my browser?

Also, does the browser integration support generating passwords and saving logins yet, or is this still to come?

Thanks, Paul

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @pbryanw it's really hot from the oven, but it's a progress. When you try to use 1Password 6 please disable 1Password 4 first. There is no need to reinstall browser extensions, 1Password 6 is designed to run with them and eventually replace 1Password 4.

Password generation and login saving is coming for sure, as of today it can open browser and fill from the 1Password or it can react to browser's 1Password button.

Let us know how it goes, we are fixing things faster when we hear of issues! :)

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, thanks for your quick reply. I think I'll try testing the browser integration in one of my Window's VMs for the time being as I still depend on 1Password 4's password generation and login saving on my main PC. I'll let you know how it goes :)

Also, as someone else mentioned on a different thread, wasn't expecting browser integration for a couple more weeks at least, so well done on the speedy development of the new 6 beta :+1:

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

On behalf of Serg, you're welcome. He's definitely very productive with his coding.

We can't wait to hear your reports on the browser integration.

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT - I've just been testing the browser integration in a Windows VM. I've noticed that matching can be a bit spotty at the moment - I'm guessing that this is due to the newness/relative immaturity of this feature.

While I can login to ebay.co.uk and Amazon.co.uk fine, I've having problems with Arstechnica.co.uk, rockpapershotgun.com and theguardian.com with the "no matching items found" being shown (1Password 6 is unlocked, and the logins work with the Mac version). I look forward to the login matching & extension features developing as the beta progresses :+1:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Likewise! Thanks for the feedback! It's still a newborn, but one day it'll be mature enough to let us all sleep better at night. ;)

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @pbryanw,

Just to follow up, there is a lot of work to be done with the matching. We're starting out with the simple precise matching but we do need to loosen it up so that you can fill on other subdomains of the same site, rank the list of Logins properly, and so on.

This discussion has been closed.