Chrome window behaves as if it not on the foreground

ipsq
ipsq
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Every time 1Password asks me to save a password and I click outside of the Autosave window (by accident), the Autosave window disappears and the Chrome window looks as if it is not the current selected foreground window but simply clicking on the window or on the Chrome icon in the Dock doesn't change this. It also starts behaving really weird as in a click on a text box doesn't register or a simple click on a link on a webpage. All those functions don't work. You need to spam click and hope it registers. The only way to make Chrome behave normally again is to open a completely separate app and click back on the Chrome window or the Chrome icon in the Dock.

It happens only 1 out of 20 times so it's really hard to capture. I can't make a video of this since this would force the bug to disappear (opening a new app).

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Family

Comments

• ipsq
    ipsq
    Community Member
  • Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ipsq,

Thanks so much for sharing that video! I’ve done some (brief) testing here, and so far I’ve been unable to recreate the issue.

One thing I noticed in the video is that when 1Password popped up to offer to save the password, Chrome also popped up and offered to save the item. Generally, we recommend that you disable your browser’s password save option when you install 1Password. This is to ensure that you’re saving all of your information into 1Password and not accidentally saving some into the browser. It makes things less confusing. In your case, I wonder if that extra pop-up is what’s causing the trouble.

If you disable Chrome’s password saving function, does this issue go away?

This discussion has been closed.