I have no Welcome Screen after download and can't enter my account info.

Options
cgallopin
cgallopin
Community Member

I've downloaded 1Password for Mac but it opens directly to the Master Password screen. I don't get a welcome screen to enter my Teams account info and on the Preferences page, the + to add an account is grayed out. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:no welcome screen download

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cgallopin did you use 1Password before you signed up for 1Password Teams? Have you followed the steps in this guide? The answers to those questions will help us determine what's happening here and how we can fix it 8-)

• cgallopin
    cgallopin
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No, I did not use 1Password before setting up my Teams account. And I've completed Step 1 in that guide, but I'm stuck on Step 2 because I can't add my account info in the app. I've tried deleting the app (then emptying the trash) and re-downloading several times and the same thing happens.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cgallopin it sounds like your best bet would be to start over. If you weren't using 1Password before you don't have to worry about losing any data. Just click Help > Troubleshooting > Start Over to do that. Once it's done you should see the screen shown in that user guide, which will ask you to sign in to your 1Password account. Let me know how it goes!

• cgallopin
    cgallopin
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that worked! Thank you so much for your help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It was my pleasure! I'm glad you'll be able to use 1Password Teams on your Mac. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with :)

This discussion has been closed.