When staff leaves can they take their vault?

SCIDC
SCIDC
Community Member

If we have a team account, can staff take their personal vault with them if they leave the company? In our scenario, a staff member would have an account with their company email address. Should (when) they leave the company, could they move their personal vault to another 1Password account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:exiting a team

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@SCIDC there isn't currently a way to separate someone's Personal vault from their 1Password account.

But if they plan ahead before they leave, they could easily move the items from their Personal vault to another Personal vault (if they sign up for 1Password Families or 1Password Teams themselves) or to a Primary vault (if they purchase a 1Password license) by following the steps from our migration guide and moving the items manually.

Does that answer your question?

• SCIDC
    SCIDC
    Community Member

@nmott - thanks and yes, I think this answers my question. I could see how to migrate to a team account, but wasn't sure you could migrate back out to a personal account later on. Thanks!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@SCIDC You're welcome! Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with 8-)

This discussion has been closed.