Fingerprint sensor disabled after upgrade to Android N on Nexus 6P

holgr
holgr
Community Member

Hi all,

after updating my Nexus 6P to Android N (NPD35K) the fingerprint sensor was deactivated and I'm unable to enable it again. When trying to flip the switch I get a (cryptic) error with a javax.crypto.IllegalBlockSizeException. I already sent a diagnostic report. The support ID is [#XVX-25978-323].

Cheers!

1Password Version: 6.3.1b4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android N (NPD35K)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for reaching out, @holgr. :) We'll take a look and get back to you.

• hmrc87
    hmrc87
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

Same problem here after rooting Android N. Before that I could use it on my Nexus 6p with latest Android N (unrooted)

/e: I deleted the 1 Password App and reinstalled it from the PlayStore. Now the fingerprint reader works. Try that @holgr

• Thanks for letting us know @hmrc87. :) I'll pass this along to the team.

• After I rebooted my Nexus 6P, Fingerprint Unlock started working for me again on the latest Android N beta! :)

• crisbennett
    crisbennett
    Community Member

The issue comes back for me every few unlocks. Rebooting the device fixes it each time (Android N latest OTA beta, Nexus 5x)

• Thanks for keeping us updated, @crisbennett. I'll let the team know. :)

• kirwan
    kirwan
    Community Member

I started seeing this too and thought I'd add my scenario in case it helps.

I'm using a Nexus 6P with N dev preview 3. I have been successfully using fingerprint auth since upgrading to N.

Yesterday I deleted and recreated one of my fingerprint records in the device's settings app and after that 1Password disabled fingerprint auth and on trying to recreate I had the IllegalBlockSizeException.

I was able to re-enable it after a reboot.

• saad
    edited June 2016

@kirwan Thank you for sharing your experience with this error. I am seeing the exact same behaviour on my Nexus 6P. Our team is trying to figure out if this is an issue in the Android N Preview or if we are able to do something different to get Fingerprint Unlock working without a reboot.

This discussion has been closed.