Copy / Move Items from Shared Vault to Non-Teams Vault

j5bot
j5bot
Community Member

I migrated a bunch of passwords and such from my personal vaults to a shared vault in my beta team. Now, I am unable to move or copy these items back to the non-teams vault. It appears that this happened because the user I am working with is not the owner of the shared vault. Unfortunately the owner of the shared vault is likely the admin user I created for my team ... and I can't find that user's account key in order to log in as them :angry:

Help!

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.3.BETA-30 (630030) AgileBits
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j5bot: There may be hope yet! An Admin of Owner on your team can start the Recovery process for your (second?) account, which will allow you to setup a new Account Key and Master Password...which then in turn sounds like it should help you fix your permissions. I hope this helps. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• j5bot
    j5bot
    Community Member

As far as I know / can tell, the user whose account key I cannot find in my records is the only admin/owner. I am trying to figure out how to get access into that account again but in the meantime, I wish I could just get the items copied from the vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@j5bot: Unfortunately without the account which has access to that data (or an admin who can change that) there isn't a way to get that data. I realize in your case if you've managed to lock yourself out of your own data that's bad news all around, but I imagine that if the tables were turned you wouldn't want another member to be able to gain access to another's data by coopting their account or gaining privileges they should not have. I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you, but I hope you'll be able to find your Emergency Kit to gain access again. :(

• j5bot
    j5bot
    Community Member

I have access to all of the data, 1password simply will not allow me to copy passwords from a shared vault which I do not own into a non-shared vault.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016

@j5bot,

I wonder if the account owner has not granted export privileges to you. I'm not sure what (if anything) we can do, but we'll be able to take a better look if the owner emails us from his email account: support@1password.com If it's possible, could you ask him to include a link to this discussion in his email?

Once he emails us, he should get a support ID that looks like this: ABC-12345-678. If you could either get that from him or have him post that here, that will allow us to more quickly "connect the dots" between that conversation and this one.

• j5bot
    j5bot
    Community Member

The support folks were able to help me narrow down what I was looking for in order to find the account key for the owner account and I have now copied the data successfully out of my team shared vault.

• j5bot
    j5bot
    Community Member

FYI, I am the account owner, I just prefer to separate these things out.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@j5bot,

Oh! That's awesome. I'm glad we were able to get things sorted out for you. :)

If we can be of further assistance, please let us know. We are always here to help.

Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.