1password keeps password in clipboard only for 1 paste

Options
claudiu
claudiu
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Hi,

My 1password is up to date.
The issue started very recently. If I copy a password using the copy button it keeps the password in clipboard for 1 paste only. If I try to paste it again I cannot.

Anyone know what the issue might be? It makes 1password unusable because very often I have to paste it in multiple places.

Thanks.

Best,
CLaudiu

1Password Version: 630032
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @claudiu,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with 1Password. I'm a bit intrigued on how you use 1Password that you often need to paste the same password in multiple places, would you mind telling me more about it? 1Password has the ability to fill webforms with just one click, in case you've not seen it before, you might find this guide helpful: https://support.1password.com/browser-extension/

On to you issue, the first thing that you should check is the settings for how long a password stays on your clipboard. On 1Password go to Preferences and then click on Security. The last option is "Clear clipboard after __ seconds". Check that the length of time you keep passwords on your clipboard is long enough, the usual time is 90 seconds but you can adjust.Please check if you can paste the passwords several times within that timeframe.

Please let us know how this goes! :chuffed:

• claudiu
    claudiu
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Pilar.

That was it. For some reason there was a 0 value. So I guess 1pass was clearing it straight away.
    Yeah I need it to be kept in clipboard when I use filezilla or other apsp.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@claudiu your welcome! I'm not sure why or when that value was changed but I'm glad 1Password is back on it's feet again. Please don't hesitate to ask if there's anything else we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.