1Password could not fill out any fields.....

Options
Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited May 2016 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I am getting this error message almost continuously now. Sometime it comes and yet 1P correctly opens the site. Sometimes it comes and all I have to do is click the icon and click the web site again which shows at the top of the jump list. Sometimes it appears after I have entered the site. Sometime it appears on a blank screen as in the screen shot attached.

In addition, quite frequently, 1P fills in the log-in details and leaves me on the log-in screen and I have to click "Enter" or "Log-In" to complete the process.

All this is after a recent clean install.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 4.6.0 Beta 605
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Andrew42: The example in your screenshot (I hope you don't mind, but I edited your post to fix the reference to it so it displayed) indicates that you're not on a login page at all, which would explain why 1Password is unable to fill your login credentials. It seems like you may have saved a search page as the URL in your forum login. Please edit it to use this URL instead:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/entry/signin

Since that page contains a login form, 1Password can fill the fields there when you use it to open the page. It may be that other logins you're having trouble with are suffering from a similar issue.

But another common obstacle with Internet Explorer in particular is that the browser will not allow an add-on (such as 1Password) to access a frame contained within a webpage. In that case, there isn't anything you or 1Password can do. You'll need to copy and paste. An example of this is the Capital One website:

https://servicing.capitalone.com/C1/Login.aspx

This works fine in most browsers, but Internet Explorer (and actually Mobile Safari as well) restrict access to the login form there since it is contained in a frame loading another webpage — sort of an Inception thing.

But regardless it's impossible for me to say for certain without knowing the specific URLs you're having trouble with. If you're still struggling, be sure to include those along with a description in your reply and we'll see what the solution might be. :)

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

I thought
    I had posted this but cannot see it in the forum, so at the risk of duplication here it is again: I have recently started getting an error message most times that I click on a log-in on the extension icon. I have attached one screen showing the message. I get one of the following results:
    1. The website opens correctly but I still get the error message
    2. The entry to the website hangs on a page showing the user name and password but I have to click the log-in button for the script to complete.
    3. The log in page opens but nothing is filled in. I then click on the extension icon and click on the 1P record which is at the top of the jump list and the log-in completes.
    4. The error message suddenly appears while I am in the web site.
    5. I get a blank screen with the error message: this is the one I have captured and attached.

I have done nothing at this stage to try and correct the problem except to resave the record for access to this Forum and that has made no difference.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 4.6.0 Beta 605
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: W10
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

I found your previous message and merged them both together so we can keep the conversation in one place and help you better! Please let us know if brenty's answer does the trick for you :chuffed:

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Brenty, I have edited my log-in for the forum as you requested. Now it fills in the details and leave me hanging until I click log-in. Plus I get the error message.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

It sounds like there's something wrong with the 1Password add-on in Internet Explorer. Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

[Edited by MikeT to removed the screenshot]

Maybe this will tell you something. I cannot generate the report.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Andrew42,

That's because you're using 4.6.605-BETA build, the report function is broken at the moment.

Please try this: Uninstall 1Password via the Control Panel, reboot, and install the latest stable version from here: http://agilebits.com/downloads

Once it is installed, reboot once more and test Internet Explorer. If it is still not working correctly, send us the diagnostics report.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. Will do tomorrow.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1:

This discussion has been closed.