Not seeing new vaults in the 1Password beta desktop app

MikeT
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows
This discussion was created from comments split from: Changes not syncing back families.

Comments

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

I'm also having a few issues with syncing back to the Windows 10 beta client. I created vaults in my client used by my browser, but all of the vaults I created and logins I added are not syncing back to the desktop client. I only see the two default vaults. Any thoughts?

• Hi @asebastian,

Did you already restart the app to see if it'd pick up the new vaults? Right now, the desktop app won't pick up the changes on its own when making changes from other 1Password apps. This is something we're working on fixing soon.

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

Thanks for the reply. By restart the app, do you mean just close the app, and then login again? If so, yes sir, I have actually done that a number of times. I haven't tried adding something to the beta app and seeing if it syncs to the browser app however. I'll try that now.

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

Looks like the sync back is not working either. :(

• Hi @asebastian,

Could you send us your 1Password logs, so we can see what's going on.

To do this, open the 1Password desktop app, unlock, and attempt to force the sync by clicking on Settings > Sync. Now, click on Settings > Email us, Windows Files Explorer should open up to 1Password's diagnostics folder in addition to your email client. Please email all of the files there to us at support+windowsbeta@agilebits.com if the email client doesn't open up.

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

Will do @MikeT. Thank you!

• No problem, could you let me know when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the files.

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

After having a quick look at the log, i see the problem, i changed my email address recently and it appears to be trying to login with the old email address. Is there a way to uninstall the desktop application and reinstall so that i can login with the proper email address?

Regards,
    Alan

• asebastian
    asebastian
    Community Member

I figured it out. Got it uninstalled and reinstalled and all is well now. Syncing good now.

Thank you for the assistance @MikeT!

Alan

• Hi @asebastian,

Thanks for letting us know. We should do a better job of providing the feedback to ask for the new email address.

For the future, you can sign out and sign back in via the Settings > Accounts & Vaults > Team Name > Sign out.

This discussion has been closed.