Still have issues with Dropbox. Can not pull up the keyschain

use to be able to pull up my vault via dropbox but unable able to suddenly. went through troubleshoot with no success.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:diagnostics, kb:sync-options, ug:ios/sync-with-dropbox, kb:dropbox-troubleshooting

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waibon: Can you be more specific about what trouble you're having? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action.

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you receiving an error of some kind? If you can locate the vault in your Dropbox folder, you should be able to open it in 1Password by double-clicking it. Please let me know what you find! :)

• waibon
    waibon
    Community Member

OS 10.11.4
    1Password 5 version 5.3.2
    Dropbox v3.20.1
    Using on my MBP early 2015

When going to dropbox.com to access my keychain I can no longer access my vault. I use to be able to access when clicking on "1Password.html" in the 1Password folder in dropbox.com.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waibon: Sorry for the confusion! Dropbox no longer allows local file access to 1Password.html, so it can no longer load the data from your vault. You can find more details in this discussion:

Moving Beyond 1PasswordAnywhere

Let us know if you have any other questions!

P.S: This is completely unrelated, but if you're still using 1Password 5, be sure to update. 1Password 6 is a free upgrade for 1Password 4 and 5 customers!

• waibon
    waibon
    Community Member

Thanks for the update. Makes sense now.

Looking for your advice on my particular situation: My wife is on a company laptop that restricts app/software downloads. As a result 1Password isn't an option. For years we've been utilizing 1PasswordAnywhere via dropbox - to do bills, access specific secure info, etc. ** What would you recommend that we do moving forward with my situation outlined?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@waibon: Obviously the ideal thing would be that she could use the 1Password apps on all of her devices to help her be secure online...but of course that isn't always possible when someone else is calling the shots. :(

But while Dropbox website can no longer grant 1PasswordAnywhere access to the files it needs to load the vault, 1Password Families has its own web interface built into the website. And unlike 1PasswordAnywhere, it supports editing. It isn't as full-featured as a native app, but it would allow her to access her data on virtually any computer with a modern web browser. It sounds like that would be the best fit, but she could also use the 1Password app on her own mobile device, since those are free for basic use. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.