1 Password v6.3 asks to log back into iCloud to sync every single time I log back in to my Mac?

Anushan
Anushan
Community Member

I just updated to v6.3 a few days ago, now every single time I shut down my Mac, I get a message from 1 Password saying that it cannot sync and that I need to log into my iCloud a/c to validate. So I do this (and by the way I have 2 step authentication enabled!). Once I do this it's all okay... until I shut down my Mac. Then it all start up again! Help!

1Password Version: 6.3 (630032)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:v6.3 asks to log into iCloud to sync every time I log back in to my Mac?

Comments

• danthony
    danthony
    Community Member

This happens to me as well.

• waterishail
    waterishail
    Community Member

This happens to me to - started a couple of beta versions ago. If I signin again to iCloud it goes all the way through but then the browser ends up getting stuck on the apple website

• glgray
    glgray
    Community Member

I am seeing this too. Have any of you reached out to agilebits to ask them what is going on? I guess I will do that.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi everyone,

@glgray, you've successfully reached AgileBits already! The issue that you're experiencing is well known, and it's the less intrusive version of a problem everyone syncing with iCloud has been experiencing. In short, it has to do with iCloud and the tokens (or permissions) to 1Password. People who haven't upgraded yet not only need to sign in every day, they are getting new tabs opened every 60 seconds or so. This is the first step we took to decrease the problem. You can read the detailed explanation of what's going on and why it's happening on this post.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences that this might be causing, we hope to have this all fully solved soon :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.