1Password for iOS is continually prompting for the master password

guitardude
guitardude
Community Member

I've installed 1Password on an iPad that I'm giving as a gift and tried locating the browser extension version. But the instructions appear not to be valid for Safari on iOS and I have no idea how to find it (I've looked pretty extensively). For some reason, the extension keeps prompting for the master password on each request to fill site login information. This occurs for both single and multi-step authentication systems and is very aggravating. I've checked all the settings within both the app and in iOS and there doesn't seem to be a way to configure this aspect of the extension. The behavior does not occur on a Windows 10 laptop that has appropriate browser extensions for the machine and is used to access the same online accounts. What can I do to change this behavior to something more acceptable?

1Password Version: 6.1.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS9.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited December 2015

@guitardude I've deleted the duplicate copy of your post so it's easier for you to find responses.

Edit: I found two more posts which were in effect identical and deleted those as well.

Stephen

• guitardude
    guitardude
    Community Member

Thanks Stephen.

• guitardude
    guitardude
    Community Member

Help anyone?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@guitardude: I've been struggling with a similar issue myself, but of course I want this to happen to me so we can track down the problem. I'm sorry that it's happening to you too!

Please double-tap the Home button and swipe up to close 1Password completely. When you relaunch it, are you still having this problem? If so, be sure to tell me in as much detail exactly where this is happening to you and the exact steps you took. We'll get this sorted out! :)

• guitardude
    guitardude
    Community Member

Sorry so late in replying Brent. To be honest, I've not tried again in a while because it was so frustrating. I will try again and post what the extension is doing ASAP.

• Thanks @guitardude. Sorry for the frustration. We'd be happy to help you get it sorted though, so please let us know how it turns out.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.