Unable to Open Shared Dropbox Folder

DLS
DLS
Community Member
Error msg: [path] is not a 1Password Data Folder
I am evaluating the trial version of 1Password and I am having trouble getting it set up the way I need it to work. I am trying to share my 1password file on Dropbox but am unable to access it from the other user's account. On my own Dropbox account I have no trouble accessing the folder through 1PW. I am also able to access it from my 1PW Android app and to sync it up between Windows and my Xoom.

I want to share my 1password file with another user so I shared that folder in Dropbox. From the other user's PC (with their Dropbox acct) I can see my shared folder and subfolder (in Windows Explorer). I can navigate through the subfolders and even view the (encrypted) contents.

However, when I try to open the folder as an existing 1Password folder I receive this error:
[path] is not a 1Password Data Folder.
Dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1Password Data. Please wait.

I've retried numerous times and always get this error message.

How can access this shared Dropbox folder?
DLS

Comments

• DLS
    DLS
    Community Member
    Never mind. It turned out to be a problem with Dropbox. It's all good now!
    DLS
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the update, DLS, and welcome to the forum!
  • Hi!

I have the same problem. Installed 1P for Windows double times and the message is appearing again and again. I run 1P for Windows since months and now I've installed my notebook from scratch.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    gooogix wrote:

Hi!

I have the same problem. Installed 1P for Windows double times and the message is appearing again and again. I run 1P for Windows since months and now I've installed my notebook from scratch.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

What is your 1Password Data Folder named?

• What is your 1Password Data Folder named?

Sorry, got no mail about your answer...

It's in my Dropbox direct 1st level called 1PasswordSync\1Password.agilekeychain as on my old laptop where it was working fine.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    What error are you getting?

• What error are you getting?

Dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1Password Data. Please wait

It's a new installation, no upgrade. Install file from the agile web site.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Hi gooogix,

gooogix wrote:

Can you contact me off-list, please? stefan AT agilebits DOT com
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    googix, you're in good hands, now!

When you and Stefan work through to a solution, would you just post an update here, so we know things are taken care of?

Thanks!
  • I am having this same problem. I just purchased the 1Password combo pack (ie 1 license for a Mac and 1 for Windows). I have all my data up and running in my Mac. I then moved the keychain to Dropbox. I also downloaded Dropbox for iPhone and I can see the keychain in my iPhone. I see the keychain in my Windows computer, but when I try to open it as a data file I get this same error message. As a side note, my Windows versions says "1Password Trial" on top, when it shouldn't be a trial version... I would so appreciate any help. I'm really happy with using 1Password so far on my Mac, but I'd like to be able to use it at work too!
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    Welcome to the forum, danak!

You don't need Dropbox on your iPhone to use your 1Password data. You need one of the 1Password apps for iOS, available in Apple's iTunes App Store.

You also need to register 1Password for Windows on your PC. Just launch it, and use the registration command on the Help menu.

On your PC, what's the exact full path in the message from 1Password for Windows telling you what you've selected is not a 1Password data folder?
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    gooogix wrote:

Dropbox is probably busy syncing your 1Password Data. Please wait

1.0.8.BETA-212 should fix this
This discussion has been closed.