Community Member

please help me
i could add my phone through wifi sync, no problem
but the dropbox key link, when i double click does nothing

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I cant add a 2nd computer to 1password, the information is not generating

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kelleeadams,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into some trouble with 1Password!

We'll be happy to help you get things working, but I'm afraid we'll need to know more information first, as I don't quite understand what sort of problem you're experiencing. If you can describe exactly what you're trying to do, the exact steps you're taking to do it, what you expect to happen, and what happens instead, we should have a much better idea of how to help.

In addition to more details about the problem, it will also help us if you can let us know a few more things about your setup:

• Are you having trouble with 1Password on a Mac, an iOS device, or both? (Or possibly another kind of device?)
    • If you're using 1Password for Mac, what version of OS X are you running on your Mac?
    • What exact version of the 1Password app is installed on your Mac?
    • Are you using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password?
    • If you're using 1Password for iOS, what version of iOS are you running on your iOS device?
    • What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iOS device?
    • If you're trying to sync 1Password between multiple devices, how many Macs, iOS devices, and/or other devices are you using?
    • How are you trying to sync your 1Password data? (You mentioned both Wi-Fi and Dropbox but I'm unsure which one you're actually trying to set up.)

Thanks in advance! :)

• kelleeadams
    kelleeadams
    Community Member

im trying to add 1password on macbook air.
    i have it installed on iphone and mac desktop
    osx yosemite on my macbook air
    version 1password 4

i just want to get my 1password working on macbook air, dont know how to do it

• kelleeadams
    kelleeadams
    Community Member

i know i cant "sync" from 1 computer to another. just was saying i was able to sync onto phone
    i read in some forum you have to do it through dropbox so i was trying

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for providing that additional information @kelleeadams!

As you mentioned, Dropbox is a great way to keep everything in sync. It works on all your devices and once you set it up you don't have to remember to manually sync (like with the Wi-Fi Sync option).

The first thing I would recommend is updating to 1Password 6 on your MacBook Air. You can download 1Password 6 from our website here:

https://agilebits.com/downloads

I resent your license, so after you install 1Password, you can just click the link in the email to register the app.

• What version of OS X do you have on your desktop Mac?
    • What version of 1Password do you have on your desktop Mac?
    • What version of 1Password do you have on your iPhone?

I just want to make sure everything is up to date before you set up Dropbox syncing. The latest versions make it easier. :)

• kelleeadams
    kelleeadams
    Community Member

I have version osx el capitain on my desktop.

• kelleeadams
    kelleeadams
    Community Member

and 1password6

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kelleeadams,

Thanks for getting back to us! Sounds like everything is up to date now and ready to get set up with sync! Let’s start off with your desktop:

Set up Dropbox sync on your Mac

Next, we’ll point your iOS device at the new file created in Dropbox:

Sync your iOS device with Dropbox

And finally, we can set up your MacBook Air:

Sync your existing Dropbox data

If at any point in the process the steps stop making sense, or you’re seeing something different on your computer than the guide suggests, please let us know and we’ll work forward from there. :)

This discussion has been closed.