Version 6.3 update

Options
roxy9montana
roxy9montana
Community Member

I just updated the latest version of 1Password and now I can't open 1Password. It still has all my logins available and they work at the websites but when I try to open 1Password this is the message I get, "1Password" is damaged and can't be opened. Delete "1Password"and download it again from App store. If I do this will all my passwords and logins be there?
I am running OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.5. I am using a MacBook Pro. Please help! Thank you.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@roxy9montana please see this sticky at the top of the forum. If you follow any procedure advised there none of your 1Password data will be affected in any way.

Stephen

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @roxy9montana,

I'm sorry to here that you're having this issue with 1Password. The link that Stephen_C will shed some light on the issue but the most important thing for you to know is that your data is completely safe, and that if you delete and download 1Password again all your data will be readily available when you open the app.

Please let us know how this works out for you and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

• roxy9montana
    roxy9montana
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you Pilar. When it says delete does that mean uninstall? I have not done anything yet.
    I am glad to hear that all my data will still be there. Thanks again.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @roxy9montana,

Before doing that I'd recommend you to try the other two options mentioned on the forum post mentioned before:

We've found two possible solutions to this problem:

Reboot your Mac.
    If you are still getting errors, please try signing out of the Mac App Store (from within the App Store application's menu bar: Store > Sign Out), try launching 1Password again, and if prompted enter your Apple ID credentials.

If this doesn't work then we can move on to the more complicated solution (you only need to follow this instructions, you'll create a backup in the process).

Please tell us how this turns out! :chuffed:

• roxy9montana
    roxy9montana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,
    I rebooted and still the same. I signed out of the Mac App store as you told me and tried to launch 1Password again and I still get the same message, "1Password is damaged,etc". So is the next step the instructions that is highlighted above in your last message? Thank you again.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@roxy9montana if you've gone through those steps, you can give this a go:

1. Delete 1Password
    2. Re-download 1Password from the Mac App Store

That shouldn't affect your data in any way. Just make sure you delete the app from Launchpad or by dragging its icon from the Applications folder to the Trash instead of using an app deletion tool, which could remove data 1Password will need when it's reinstalled.

• roxy9montana
    roxy9montana
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Pilar,

Thank you so much for your fast help. I deleted 1Password as you told me and reinstalled it and everything seems to be working. All my logins are there and I can now open 1Password. Again, thank you very much.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

We're all glad to hear that! Let us know if you need anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.