How does 1Password work with smartphones that save passwords for email, facebook, etc.?

sunhat66
sunhat66
Community Member

How would 1Password interact with the saved passwords in my iPhone and Android phone? My smartphones store passwords for my email accounts and my Facebook account, so that I can view my emails and FB messages automatically through the phone's email app and the downloaded FB app. If I use 1Password, will I still be able to have this ease of access on my phone while still protecting my passwords through 1Password? If I change my password info in 1Password, would it automatically update the password information stored in my cellphone?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:smartphone saved passwords

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

How would 1Password interact with the saved passwords in my iPhone and Android phone?

There are no direct hooks between 1Password and your iPhone or Android smartphone. But you can enter these passwords by copying them from 1Password and pasting them into the appropriate fields in the phones' settings apps.

If I use 1Password, will I still be able to have this ease of access on my phone while still protecting my passwords through 1Password?

If you copy and paste them like I said above, sure!

If I change my password info in 1Password, would it automatically update the password information stored in my cellphone?

Nope. Like I said, there's no direct connection between 1Password and your system-wide settings. You'll have to manually change the passwords in these apps once you've changed them elsewhere using 1Password. But that's a mild inconvenience at worst.

8-)

• sunhat66
    sunhat66
    Community Member

Thank you!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of nmott, you are most welcome! Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.