Since recent 1P update i get message Your iCloud session has expired. You will need to sign in with

lisanz
lisanz
Community Member

Since recent 1P update whenever I open 1P I get message Your iCloud session has expired. You will need to sign in with you Apple ID to continue synching 1 Password with iCloud. I am concerned this is spam and don;t want to sign in with Apple ID. Can you confirm this message comes from you? I have never seen it before. MY iCloud is already open so I don;t understand why I am getting this message. I've take a screen shot of it.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search: whenever I open 1 Password that shows 1P & says iCloud Session Expired.

Comments

• SBoyd
    SBoyd
    Community Member

I get that same "iCloud session expired" message. It doesn't appear that they have an answer for it.

• Hi @lisanz ,

This is the same login that you received when you first set up iCloud sync. We are currently investigating the reason that requiring you to log in again, what seems to be once per day. The message does indeed come from us so it is safe to log in. More information about this issue is located here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/65266/prompted-to-sign-in-to-apple-id-for-icloud-in-the-browser-url-idmsa-apple-com#latest

Regards,
    Kevin

• lisanz
    lisanz
    Community Member

Its happening way more than once per day. At one point I was on Safari and the message kept repeating and repeating. Are you really sure that it's safe for me to log in on that.

• lisanz
    lisanz
    Community Member

Ah well I did what it asked me after reading the article you posted Kevin and I can see that my Password on my computer is synching. thanks for your help

• bgee
    bgee
    Community Member
    edited May 2016

This problem has forced me to go back to wifi sync. The icloud login request was not once a day, but every time I open 1Password on my Mac. Currently on:
    1Password 6
    Version 6.3 (630032)
    AgileBits Store
    Not concerned with safety of logging in, but inconvenience and time wasted.

• viskwal
    viskwal
    Community Member

I have the same problem but with an added twist. I have multiple icloud accounts, and it would be great if 1Password could somehow note which icloud account is currently being used.
    When I click the ok button in the session expired message, it takes me to the appleid website. The account that is being autofilled by 1Password is not my main icloud.
    So now I've logged into the wrong account and 1Password has synced all my data to the wrong account.
    Then I need to manually turn of syncing, and back on again and log into the right icloud account. This is somehow annoying.
    Just a small mention in parenthesis which account is being used would be a very welcome addition.

• viskwal
    viskwal
    Community Member

I get this message every time I need to unlock 1Password... so definatly more frequent than once in 24h

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

@bgee, for now using a different syncing method is a pretty good walk around, we're working on figuring out how to fix this issue as soon as possible.

@viskwal, I'm sorry about the very annoying situation that this issue has put you in! Thank you for your patience with all this, we hope to have it figure out soon :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.