Extra Vault

I was messing around and created and extra vault. I've searched but cant find if it's possible to delete it. I know that I don't see a delete vault option anywhere.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrpeewee: I'm not sure I understand, since it isn't yet possible to create a new vault in the 1Password for Windows beta. However, if you just want to remove a pre-existing vault you've added to the app, just go to Settings > Accounts & Vaults > (account) > (vault name) > Remove.

If you're trying to do something else entirely, be sure to let me know the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. Thanks in advance! :)

• mrpeewee
    mrpeewee
    Community Member

I am using the Windows desktop program.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrpeewee: Great! Which version? And knowing which version of Windows yo'u're using will help as well. :)

• mrpeewee
    mrpeewee
    Community Member

I am running 1Password4 version 4.6.0.604 and Windows 10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mrpeewee: Ah, thank you! That explains it! 1Password for Windows version 4 only works with a single vault at a time, so there's no need to "remove" the vault from the app itself; just continue using your preferred vault.

However, if you'd like to delete the unwanted vault from your PC, you can find its location in 1Password File > Reopen 1Password Vault. Don't select it, since you don't want to use it, but that will tell you where you've saved it so you can go to that location in Windows File Explorer and "Recycle" it. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.