How do i import data from JSON (file structure for intel trukey password manager)?

Options
mrcsg1
mrcsg1
Community Member

How do i import data from JSON (file structure for intel trukey password manager)?
Would like to import my passwords from truekey by intel, but the format is in JSON

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: osx 10.11.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:how do i import data from json

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mrcsg1,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

That may be a really good question for our resident import guru @MrC. But it looks like his script has support for Intel True Key:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/30286/mrcs-convert-to-1password-utility/p1

1Password doesn't have native support for importing JSON from True Key, but that script should get it into a usable format.

Let us know how it goes!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @mrcsg1,

The 1.09 version of the converter suite in Testing Bits added support for True Key. Use the truekey converter. See the first post of the thread for download instructions, and the README.pdf for more details. You can use the AppleScript Conversion Helper to simplify the process. The README provides specific instructions for exporting your data (from all the supported password managers).

Let me know if you need help!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mrcsg1 were you able to get everything imported correctly?

• mrcsg1
    mrcsg1
    Community Member
    Options

No, I wasn't able to get everything imported correctly. The passwords were imported, but weren't readable.

• mrcsg1
    mrcsg1
    Community Member
    Options

never mind. I tried it again and read instructions carefully and worked. Thanks for your help.

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm glad everything is working! Let us know if you need anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.