Is it possible to use my 1Password on my wife's macbook?

Jantof
Jantof
Community Member

I already made a shared map in Dropbox and a second vault. If I want to install 1Password on the MacBook I am prompted to pay again for the licence. Is it possible to share my programm, without paying again, so we both can use 1Password on Macbook, Ipad and iPhone?

1Password Version: 6.2.1
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:second user on a macbook pro

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@Jantof from where did you originally purchase 1Password, the Mac App Store or the AgileBits store? Only the AgileBits store version should prompt you for a license.

Licenses purchased from the AgileBits store are for one person. So if you both want to use 1Password, the best option is to purchase it for your wife, and then she can download the app on whatever iOS devices she owns and sync the data between the various apps. 8-)

• Jantof
    Jantof
    Community Member

The program is in my app store, so I presume that I did not by it via the AgileBits store. Does that change the possibilities? Can I install it on the MacBook Pro using my name/ account?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@jantof if your wife doesn't have any apps that she's downloaded herself, sure, you can sign in to the Mac App Store with your Apple ID. But if she does have her own purchases and plans to use 1Password herself, she'll have to purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store with her Apple ID.

• Jantof
    Jantof
    Community Member

Clear! Thx

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! Let us know if you need anything else 8-)

This discussion has been closed.