Card icons have a border: why?

jamesveitch
jamesveitch
Community Member

Hey there; it should all be in the picture. can you help?

Comments

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jamesveitch,

At this time, custom icons are all created equally. That is to say, they’re all square. :) So, when you add a custom icon to an item, it will automatically size to fit within the bounds of that square. You can double-click on the icon (while in edit mode) and tweak the dimensions of your added image to fill the square, but the border will still be there.

I can let our team know that you’re interested in a card-shaped custom icon for your bank cards, but for now all custom icons are square. Sorry I don’t have a better answer for you right now, I hope this helps!

• jamesveitch
    jamesveitch
    Community Member

Thanks Megan

I made my icon as a square so that it wouldn't crop it. And that works. But it adds a black border around the square in mine and doesn't in yours.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jamesveitch,

That's correct, and it's because all custom icons have that border. I'd be happy to let our developers know you'd prefer to not have that border around your custom icons (although I can't make any promises about if/when this would change).

Sorry for any confusion about that! If you have more questions about custom icons or need anything else, just let us know. :)

• jamesveitch
    jamesveitch
    Community Member

Thanks!
    It's only because I want to use cards that look like my cards and I'd love them to look as cool as yours do.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Makes sense to me! ;) I agree, I think it would be nice to be able to have custom icons without the borders. Hopefully we'll be able to do that in a future version (although again, I can't make any promises one way or the other).

I'm glad you like the way our default icons look, and thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback & request - we really appreciate it! We're here for you if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.