thomaswp
thomaswp
Community Member
edited June 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Unstable, shows no saved logins
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Chrome: 13.0.782.24 m
1Password for Windows: 1.0.5.190

The plugin used to work OK, but has recently (since I paid for 1Password!) has gone weird on me. There is no sense to it.

• most of the time it shows no saved logins at all under saved logins (the Windows app shows lots)
  • sometimes it crashes when trying to save a login
  • it almost never shows a login for the current page

Android version and dropbox syncing are fine.

I have read the FAQ but this problem does not seem to be there. Not sure if this wouldn't be better in the Chrome plugin forum but that seems very mac focussed.

Comments

• I am having the same issue. I am running Chrome 13.0.782.24 beta-m on Windows 7.

This is a recent issue. I have 600+ logins in the 1PW app but at each website, it says "No Logins Save".

I tried uninstalling the extention and re-installing to no avail. Thanks
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    1.0.6-BETA-199 fixes this problem.

• 1.0.6-BETA-199 fixes this problem.

Great. From where do I download the beta? Thanks
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    billrush wrote:

Great. From where do I download the beta? Thanks

billrush,

You can download stable and beta versions here: 1P4Windows downloads

In order to see the beta versions, please click on the "Show Betas" button. (see attached screen shot)

Let us know how the Beta version works for you.

Brandt

P.S. Stefan released Beta-200 earlier, so don't be surprised to see it in the list.
  • GeekMason
    edited June 2011
    I'm having the same issues as well.

Chrome 13.0.782.32 beta-m, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, 1Pwd v1.0.5.190. I utilise the DropBox feature and have a 1Pwd client on my Android devices.

Today i hit the icon to unlock my passwords through the chrome extension and no passwords were available. I checked out the 1Pwd client and updated it, and checked to make sure the browser was checked in the preferences. No joy.

I un-installed the extension, and re-installed it via the client and now it wont even accept my unlock password (it does not prompt why).

I have been evaluating this product. I do like it, and i do think it is more secure than the other pwd managers on the market. But i'm not really sold on the idea of relying on a beta product to make this thing work. If the extension is not 100% reliable I struggle to justify spending the money on it and start using the pwd generator features etc......
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    GeekMason wrote:

I'm having the same issues as well.

Chrome 13.0.782.32 beta-m, Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1, 1Pwd v1.0.5.190. I utilise the DropBox feature and have a 1Pwd client on my Android devices.

Today i hit the icon to unlock my passwords through the chrome extension and no passwords were available. I checked out the 1Pwd client and updated it, and checked to make sure the browser was checked in the preferences. No joy.

I un-installed the extension, and re-installed it via the client and now it wont even accept my unlock password (it does not prompt why).

I have been evaluating this product. I do like it, and i do think it is more secure than the other pwd managers on the market. But i'm not really sold on the idea of relying on a beta product to make this thing work. If the extension is not 100% reliable I struggle to justify spending the money on it and start using the pwd generator features etc......

• ....and possibly introduces others. That's what Beta testing can do. If I decide to pay for this I expect reliability in the stable release.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    GeekMason wrote:

....and possibly introduces others. That's what Beta testing can do. If I decide to pay for this I expect reliability in the stable release.

if you do not want to update, how do you expect me to fix your problem? We'll release another non-beta version as soon as we have something stable. In the meantime, if you would like to keep up with the latest web browsers (Chrome 13, Firefox 5) then you can download our beta versions. I do not see any other alternative for us to keep with the latest web browsers *and* release something stable every now and then.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2011
    GeekMason wrote:

....and possibly introduces others. That's what Beta testing can do. If I decide to pay for this I expect reliability in the stable release.

Since you're running Chrome 13, I'm guessing running beta software is not necessarily a problem for you. At this moment, Chrome 13 is the beta version: http://omahaproxy.appspot.com/
  • I'm well aware of chrome 13 being in beta. Sweeping generalisations on my use of beta software notwithstanding, if your product states support for beta chrome, then my original assertion stands. A software deliverable is a paid for product, not a beta. See the relevant software development standards for further guidance. Or simply remove the "beta channel", as a supported browser in your support statement.

I acknowledge the "fix" as stated in this thread. But unless the product improves, I'm not sure that I could pay to be a beta tester.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    GeekMason wrote:

I'm well aware of chrome 13 being in beta. Sweeping generalisations on my use of beta software notwithstanding, if your product states support for beta chrome, then my original assertion stands. A software deliverable is a paid for product, not a beta. See the relevant software development standards for further guidance. Or simply remove the "beta channel", as a supported browser in your support statement.

I acknowledge the "fix" as stated in this thread. But unless the product improves, I'm not sure that I could pay to be a beta tester.

I have released a non-beta version for you, including support for Chrome 13.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    GeekMason wrote:

...if your product states support for beta chrome, then my original assertion stands.

The user's guide very clearly states (as do several posts in this forum) that 1Password for Windows is confirmed for compatibility with only the current non-Beta releases of Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome.

We're sorry if the user interface still implies support for beta versions...that should be changed soon.
  • Downloaded the latest beta. Problem solved. No big deal. Thanks
  • thomaswp
    thomaswp
    Community Member

I have released a non-beta version for you, including support for Chrome 13.

Thank you. Yes, I confirm that the latest beta, sorry, update, fixes the problem for me. ;):rolleyes:
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    billrush wrote:

Downloaded the latest beta. Problem solved. No big deal. Thanks

thomaswp wrote:

Thank you. Yes, I confirm that the latest beta, sorry, update, fixes the problem for me.

That's good news! Thanks to you both for letting us know.
This discussion has been closed.