Firefox 5 + 1Password for Windows

Supported added in 1.0.6.BETA-199
I see the same with Windows 7, Firefox 5. I press button and...nothing.

Comments

• juju12
    juju12
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    Hi

Firefox 5 is officially out in final version, i installed it but i had to desactivate the 1pass plugin because it not compatible. Do you plan to update the plugin soon or i need to reinstall the v4 of firefox for the moment ?

Thanks
  • webjive wrote:

Are you using multiple profiles? Try using the add-on manager to remove the older beta, restart FF5 and then reinstall. I have another thread running on this.

No multiple profiles. Yes I had removed it manually first. I was unable to find another thread so I posted as follow up to this one to confirm I had seen the same behavior. If you can direct me to the other thread I will follow there.
  • juju12
    juju12
    Community Member
    Ok, thanks for the answer
  • +1 For FF5 support!
  • Hello,
    my 1Password does not work with Firefox 5?

Is there a solution?
  • juju12
    juju12
    Community Member
    edited June 2011
    hasekin you could make an effort, the answer to your question already was in the previous posts...
  • stu wrote:

Hi hasekin,

At the moment, no, our Windows developer is currently working on getting 1Password for Windows working with Firefox 5, but we don't have a timeframe for exactly when the update will be available.

Sorry I don't have a better answer right now.

ok, thank you for the answer. then let's hope it does not take that long :-)
  • Looking forward to it...

This is my most useful Firefox extension.
  • fdm225
    fdm225
    Community Member
    Just some curiosity from a frustrated user but how many resources did you put towards keeping the windows version current and running versus getting support for Lion (an operating system that has not even been released yet)? I am a loyal user of 1password and if you check my purchase history you will see that I own multiple mac licenses as well as PC licenses (not to mention the countless people that I pushed to purchase your product). Not having support for the largest computing platform and arguably the most used web browser is just frustrating.

Dave (aka Unhappy customer)
  • I agree with Dave, this should be a very high priority.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Please download 1.0.6.BETA-199 and try again.
  • juju12
    juju12
    Community Member
    Thank you so much Stefan it works perfectly !! :P

Version 1.0.6.BETA-199 can be found here (click "show betas")
    http://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes
  • I concur. Works fine so far. Thanks greatly!
  • Tezcatlipoca
    Tezcatlipoca
    Community Member

Please download 1.0.6.BETA-199 and try again.

It works! :D
  • Great work guys. Thanks for getting it up and running so quick.
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    phirst,

Thanks for the kind words!

Stefan deserves all the credit. He's pumped out two fixes today alone!

The guy is a machine!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Thanks Stefan. It works like a charm.
  • First off, I'd like to thank Stefan, Agile, and everybody who works there for a great product. 1Password has really taken a load off of my brain; I can now dedicate resources to remembering more important things.

Secondly, why would anybody upgrade their software (OS or application) without checking to see if the key components they depend on are compatible? Not all of Microsoft's own software is compatible with Windows 7 when first released, why would a third-party vendor be held to stricter standards?

Being an early adopter means that you are willing to help the developer with bugs or that they've introduced a critical component/fix that you need.

Anyway, I understand a person's frustration, but let's be a little more constructive instead of venting.

-zerotech
  • bswins
    edited June 2011
    Hello zerotech and welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for your kind words!

Beta testing is a different world, and for the uninitiated, it can be a frustrating process. However, we each have to experience it for a first time.

Thankfully, you appear to understand the fact that bugs are expected, and that the value of beta testing lies in the reporting of these bugs by users. Otherwise, companies would just test the software internally. Why alienate users?

I appreciate your comments, and I look forward to seeing you around the Forums!

Cheers!

Brandt

P.S. Another kudo for Stefan! I think you've got enough members to start a fan club!
  • FYI, it's working at my work place where I have 5 installed. Just downloaded it for FF 4 here at home and no luck. I'll move on to FF 5 but thought I'd share my experience with 4 before I do so. Thanks for a great product.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    John Hall wrote:

FYI, it's working at my work place where I have 5 installed. Just downloaded it for FF 4 here at home and no luck. I'll move on to FF 5 but thought I'd share my experience with 4 before I do so. Thanks for a great product.

Our extension should work in Firefox 4, too. It has been doing so for the last 3 months.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited July 2011
    I'd also gently remind folks that we confirm compatibility with only the current non-Beta versions of the supported browsers.

Though 1Password may continue to work with older versions (like Firefox 4.x) for some time, we don't test it with them. We simply don't have the resources to do that.

Thanks for understanding!
This discussion has been closed.