Unchecked vaults in "Vaults included" preference still showing in the main window

gdhnz
gdhnz
Community Member

I've unchecked some of my Family vaults but they're still showing up in the vault selector in the main 1Password window.

How can I stop that or is it a bug with the app?

The same thing happens in the iOS app. If I disable several vaults in the preferences, they're still available using the vault selector.

1Password Version: 6.3 MAS
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Families
Referrer: forum-search:vaults included

Comments

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

So further reading it looks like those preferences are for what vaults to use in the "All vaults" list.

That being the case, it'd be nice to have another preference to show/hide vaults from the vaults list itself.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@gdhnz:

That being the case, it'd be nice to have another preference to show/hide vaults from the vaults list itself.

Go to 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and un-check those vaults you do not wish to be shown in the list.

Stephen

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

Go to 1Password > Preferences > All Vaults and un-check those vaults you do not wish to be shown in the list.

I've done this but they still show in the list. Under the list of vaults to select from in the preferences is the following text:

"Items from the selected vaults will be shown in All Vaults".

No mention of hiding them from the list.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdhnz,

You're right this option is to set which vaults appear in all, not which ones you can select from. May I ask why you'd like to not have the option to even select some of the vaults? We always like to hear the different ways in which our users use 1Password, so we'd love to hear the details about it! :chuffed:

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

I find I prefer to use the command key shortcuts for switching vaults instead of working in "all vaults".

It'd be nice to be able to hide vaults from the list so the shortcut keys are sequential. Not being able to hide vaults breaks the sequential nature of the shortcut keys for me. Not much but enough to find annoying when you're on automatic. :)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @gdhnz! I wonder if you could elaborate just a bit on what you mean about wanting the keyboard shortcuts to be sequential? If you open the main 1Password app on your Mac, unlock if necessary, then click the vault switcher drop-down list in the top left corner of the window, it will show your vaults with the keyboard shortcuts listed in numerical order. That order will stay the same unless you add or remove vaults. Can you please explain more about how you'd like the keyboard shortcuts & vault order to work? The feedback is really helpful for us! :)

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

Assuming there's a new preference option to disable vaults from showing in the list (hint, hint :)) then I'd expect the keyboard shortcuts to be based around the visible vaults in the list.

For example, if I have 4 vaults showing, then I get the command 1-4 shortcuts. If I hide 2 of the vaults, then I'd expect the shortcuts to be command-1 and command-2.

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

Being able to change the order of the vaults in the list could also be useful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdhnz: Thanks for the feedback! We definitely want to continue to improve the All Vaults feature, and these are some interesting ideas. Personally though, I like having most of my vaults hidden from All Vaults while still being able to select the hidden ones quickly if need be. We'll see what will work best. :)

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

It's not about the "All vaults" feature. For me, this is irrelevant as I don't use it. It's about the having more control of the list of vaults underneath it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdhnz: Hmm. Are you looking for a way to disable All Vaults completely then? Can you tell me a bit more about your specific use case? Maybe there's something we can do in the future that might accommodate that.

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

If you have a look back up the conversation, I've outlined how I'd like it to work.

Assuming there's a new preference option to disable vaults from showing...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gdhnz: I see that, but it wasn't clear from your description what you're referring to exactly, so I was hoping you'd elaborate. The All Vaults preferences allow you to hide vaults from search, but it sounds like you'd prefer not to use All Vaults at all. I could be totally misunderstanding you though, so be sure to let me know!

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

It's not about the "All vaults" feature. For me, this is irrelevant as I don't use it.

and

I find I prefer to use the command key shortcuts for switching vaults instead of working in "all vaults".

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gdhnz,

I'm sorry for the confusion here! We understand that you'd like to hide certain vaults, and that you'd like the keyboard shortcuts for switching vaults to apply only to visible vaults, but I think we're having some trouble understanding why you'd like to hide vaults in the first place. Are those vaults part of your Families account, but you don't use some of them? Adding a Families account to 1Password for Mac will add all the vaults you have access to in that account - are there vaults in that account which you want to delete or which you no longer want to be part of?

Even if there are vaults in your Families account which you don't use, I'm not quite sure I understand how that affects your use of the keyboard shortcuts. For example, if you don't use the 3rd vault in the list, but you use the 1st, 2nd, and 4th vaults, you can simply use the ⌘1, ⌘2, and ⌘4 shortcuts. You don't need to use the ⌘3 shortcut if you don't want to switch to that particular vault.

Basically, we'd just like to understand your use case and how the ability to hide vaults would help your workflow. Once we understand that, it will be much easier for us to explain your feature request to our developers. Thanks! :)

• gdhnz
    gdhnz
    Community Member

There's some family specific vaults I don't require access to when I'm at work and would prefer to be able to hide. I also have some archived passwords in another vault that I don't use often which I'd also like to hide.

Prior to 1Password for Families, I had several similar vaults but I had the option to remove them from 1Password and only load when I want them and then unload when finished. I guess I've just gotten used to the shortcuts from my loaded vaults and now with Families showing all vaults, it's breaking my workflow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, that makes sense: muscle memory + multiple vault setups = confusion. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback — and that example! :)

This discussion has been closed.