Reorder entries on watchOS app

noren
noren
Community Member

I have several entries set to be synced with my Apple Watch. I would like to rearrange them to be better organized. In the 1Password app on iPhone, the entries are shown on the Watch as they appear in Categories > Apple Watch (tag). There is an edit button on that screen, but it only allows you to remove entries and does not display a grab handle to reorder them. Is a custom arrangement possible?

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.2, watchOS 2.2.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: kb:undefined, kb-search:reorder apple watch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@noren: That's definitely something I've wanted to do myself from time to time! I'm not sure how it could be done intuitively though, which I imagine is why we haven't tried something like that yet. After all, trying to drag items around in the list on my wrist with my fat fingers doesn't sound appealing...and having to manually arrange them on the iPhone sounds like a bit of a drag in its own right.

Tags though — that's not something I'd thought of. Since they can be used for many things other than Apple Watch ordering (other than alphabetical) has limited usefulness. However, WWDC is quickly approaching, so maybe we'll get some nice new toys to play with that could open up other possibilities. Thanks for letting us know you'd appreciate this feature! :)

• noren
    noren
    Community Member

@brenty: I'm sad to hear that functionality isn't available. I don't think intuitiveness is an issue because what I am envisioning is exactly how the Favorites tab on iOS works now. Thanks for your consideration.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I guess my point was that it isn't feasible to do this on the Watch currently, and having to manage it on the iPhone instead is annoying in my experience. I have a number of apps I love that do this (Streaks comes to mind), and that is literally the one thing I hate about it: having to reach for my iPhone to do something "simple" like reordering or updating an item.

That said, it's totally something we'll consider for 1Password. I'm just hopeful that we'll be able to find a better way to use 1Password on our Apple Watches that doesn't require us to pull out our iPhones to get anything done. :)

This discussion has been closed.