iPhone password says incorrect, same PW as desktop, never changed PW

Options
itsthatredhead
itsthatredhead
Community Member

I have been attempting to enter my 1Password PW on my iphone app for several days, and it keeps telling me my PW is incorrect, although it is the exact same PW I've typed successfully into my desktop app multiple times. I've tried entering it multiple times, deleting and reinstalling the app, to no avail.
I'm new to 1Password and have never changed my master PW, and have verified that I'm pulling the same dropbox agile keychain. I even attempted to sync through wifi and it is still telling me the PW on my mobile device is inaccurate.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.604 desktop, 6.4.1 mobile
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 | iOS 9.3.2
Sync Type: Dropbox & wifi

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@itsthatredhead oof, I can imagine how frustrating that is.

Do you by any chance have any special characters in your Master Password? And, are the input sources the same on both your desktop and your iPhone? Sometimes things get switched around, which can make what seems like the correct Master Password sometimes fail.

• itsthatredhead
    itsthatredhead
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

No special characters, alphanumeric only. What do you mean by input sources? @nmott

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

It's how your devices interpret your keystrokes. So if I'm on my Mac I go to System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources and choose U.S. English. That tells OS X to interpret the keystrokes the way I, as a 'Murican, mean to type them. But if it were to get switched to another input, like French or something, it can create problems because the actual data is different even if the characters look the same.

Another thing to look out for on your iPhone is weird capitalization or spacing issues that can occur while you're typing a mix of characters.

But it might not be either of those things. Do you, by any chance, sync more than one vault between devices?

• itsthatredhead
    itsthatredhead
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

oh, no, the input sources are not an issue. And I believe my iPhone app was working at one point, and nothing has changed since.

I do not sync more than one vault between devices. I have one in Dropbox. I tried syncing over Wifi as well, but still got stopped upon PW entry saying it was invalid. I've entered the right Master PW at least 40 times on my phone, only to have it rejected. @nmott

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry this is still a problem, @itsthatredhead.

Is it possible that you have more than one .opvault or .agilekeychain in your Dropbox account? It may be in a different folder than your main vault, but if that's the case, 1Password may be finding the wrong vault. I noticed that you said you deleted 1Password from your iOS device and reinstalled it, so that's what made me think that there may be more than one vault at play. I know you mentioned that you verified the path, but I'm wondering how you could verify the path on iOS if you were unable to unlock 1Password. I just wanted to cover all the basics before we dig even deeper.

If that is not a factor, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the Diagnostics Report(s) to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report(s) in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report(s) in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report(s) and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• CNoPain
    CNoPain
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the exact same issue - I have not changed anything about my browser or my phone, have not uninstalled/reinstalled, had been using it successfully for weeks since I changed my password, and even though I have the password correct in my browser, it won't let me use the identical password on my iPhone. I have typed it several times as slow as I can while making sure my letter casing/spacing/etc. are correct. I am kind of scared to change my password to something else in case I get completely locked out of both browser and iPhone. When it was failing on my phone I panicked thinking I had forgotten my master password, but then I tried browser and it was fine.
    I do not have any syncing currently so that is not the issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @CNoPain,

Before we begin, let’s get some version details here, just to make sure we’re on the same page. Please let us know the version numbers of both 1Password and your operating system for all computers and devices that are currently using 1Password.

And just to confirm the suggestion mentioned above: are the keyboard layouts the same on all your devices?

This discussion has been closed.