I was able to install for free on iPhone and MacBook. Do I need to purchase for iMac?

tmbholmes
tmbholmes
Community Member

Do I need to purchase 1Password for my iMac? I was able to download the app for free for my iPhone from Apple. I was also able to download it for free on my MacBook. However, when I go to the Apple website to add it to my iMac it doesn't give me the download option. Please let me know. Thank you.

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

The iOS version is free, with an in-app purchase for additional features.

The version for Mac is NOT free. However, if you download it direct from AgileBits it gives you a thirty day free trial. After that you must pay if you want to add new passwords or edit old ones, but you can always view existing passwords even if you have not paid.

Apple's restrictions mean that the version from the Mac App Store does not offer a trial period, you have to pay immediately.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @tmbholmes,

What danco said is correct, you can use the basic version for iOS for free however if you want to use 1Password on a Mac you need to get either a license or a subscription to 1Password Families or Teams. You can download the app from the AgileBits store and use it with full functionality for 30 days for free to try it and see if you like it!

Please let us know if you have any other questions that we can help you with :chuffed:

• tmbholmes
    tmbholmes
    Community Member

Thank you so much!

• tmbholmes
    tmbholmes
    Community Member

Thank you so much!

This discussion has been closed.