Switching to annual payment with the early adopter bonus.

Options
DaveyDave
DaveyDave
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Families

When I originally added my credit card to get the early adopter bonus, I selected that monthly payment option because I wasn't sure if I wanted to use Families long term. I have now decided that Families will work for me, so I was thinking about switching to an annual payment plan to receive the annual discount. If I make this change, will that be considered a "change of plan" that will cause me to lose the extra storage space and two bonus family members?

1Password Version: 6.3 Mac / 6.4.1 iOS
Extension Version: 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Families

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DaveyDave: While I believe that you are correct that changing plans will forfeit the promotion, shoot us an email at support@1password.com from the Organizer's address and we'll see if there's something we can do to help. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Does it really work like that?

I thought you would (only) loose the benefits when you cancelled the subscription, but not when changing the billing period (which could only be done by cancelling in the early days, but that would be no longer needed today).

Brenty, can you please check this?

I might be in the same boat next month (although I'm not sure yet; I have not noticed much progress in the last couple of months)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

@XIII: Technically, in order to switch to another plan, you have to cancel the current one. And of course it won't be possible to choose a plan that no longer exists. For example, I choose the monthly plan as an early adopter, and then next year I decide I want to pay annually. At that point, the early adopter plans will be long gone, so I will only be able to choose between the plans available at that time.

Even with this limitation, that isn't to say there's nothing we can do, so if you're in a situation like that contact us from the Owner/Organizer's email address and we'll figure something out for you. :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

However, when I click on "Edit Subscription" on the Billing page I can currently choose between two options: "Billing Monthly" ($5) or "Billing yearly" ($4), both with the text "for up to 7 members".

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII: Thanks for mentioning that! It may be that it will work now since it's been extended. I'm going to check with the web team and we'll get back to you to confirm, so you don't make any changes that you may not want to. I appreciate your persistence and patience! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@XIII: Sorry for the delay. I took the time to annoy the web guys with a bunch of questions about this because I know you want to be sure before proceeding.

It's true that changing the plan could affect bonuses and special rates, but -- and I explicitly asked this since it applies to your situation -- so long as you're seeing the "7 users" on the new plan when you go to switch, you'll retain those bonuses if you choose that.

Again, thanks for your patience, and if you do encounter any inconsistencies with this, be sure to let us know (via email, given the sensitive nature of billing info) so we can take care of it for you! :)

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

OK. Thanks for checking.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Any time! :chuffed: :+1:

• DaveyDave
    DaveyDave
    Community Member
    Options

I just switched to the annual plan, and the billing page shows that I have retained the early adopter bonuses. Thanks for your help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're totally welcome! Glad to hear everything went smoothly for you — not to mention saving a bit of money! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.