Teams - 1Password 4 and syncing using Dropbox - can we start using Teams?

Ranch
Ranch
Community Member

"If you’re using 1Password 4 and are syncing using Dropbox or Wi-Fi sync, sit tight for a release later this year which will have full OPVault and AgileKeychain support."

"Our target is to officially release the stable version of 1Password 6 in August."

(Quotes from https://blog.agilebits.com/2016/06/02/1password-6-beta-for-windows-opens-the-door-to-1password-families-and-1password-teams/)

My technical insight is not deep enough to understand what this means to us. We have already signed up for Team and payed over a thousand dollars, but it seems to me we can't use Teams fully (or at all) ?

We all use Windows 10, some of us already have 1Password 4 installed and are using Dropbox for storage. Now we wan't to use our "old" passwords and the new Teams passwords in Chrome, Firefox and Edge. I know it works on Mac.

Is 1Password 6 all we need or what does this "sit tight for full AgileKeychain support" mean for us?

I guess is it not recommended to use the beta version of 1Password 6 "in production" in our company?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Ranch! Thanks for reading the blog post. :) OPVault and AgileKeychain support is for vaults outside of your team accounts, so it doesn't apply to you. Since the post was about 1Password 6 for Windows and there are lots of folks who use 1Password without a team or family account, we wanted to make sure they knew that full support for those types of vaults would be coming soon as well. Right now, you can edit current entries but not add new ones.

I guess is it not recommended to use the beta version of 1Password 6 "in production" in our company?

We wanted to leave that up to you. The beta is actually coming along quite nicely. I use 1Password for Mac primarily and I have Windows just so I can test things and get a feel for how the apps work when helping out folks. While full browser extension support isn't out yet, basic filling is there. You just need to make sure that 1Password 4 and it's helper aren't running, and that the 1Password 6 beta is. I wouldn't recommend asking your entire company to use it, at least not until you have. We'd love to hear what you think. It's a beta, so your feedback is super valuable. :glasses: Hope that helps!

• Ranch
    Ranch
    Community Member

AgileKeychain support is for vaults outside of your team accounts, so it doesn't apply to you.

I've been using 1P for years, currently 1Password 4, so it does apply to me as I have a vault outside my team account?

1Password and Teams are supposed to coexist, right? Private logins irrelevant to the company in 1Password 6 and company related passwords (personal or shared) in Teams?

If full support includes the ability to add new entries outside Teams, switching to 1Password 6 means I had to use Teams for new passwords?

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

I've been using 1P for years, currently 1Password 4, so it does apply to me as I have a vault outside my team account?

You are correct. Perhaps a better way to have phrased that would have been to say that it doesn't affect your usage of 1Password Teams.

1Password and Teams are supposed to coexist, right? Private logins irrelevant to the company in 1Password 6 and company related passwords (personal or shared) in Teams?

They can be used that way, but you don't have to continue saving logins irrelevant to the company outside of your 1Password Teams vaults. No one can see what you store in your Personal vault, so it's safe to store anything you want in there. But if you change jobs often, or just want some extra piece of mind, you can continue to use vaults that aren't connected to your Team account in any way.

If full support includes the ability to add new entries outside Teams, switching to 1Password 6 means I had to use Teams for new passwords?

1Password 6 will not require you to use 1Password Teams for new information. We plan to offer standalone versions of 1Password for a long time, and if you have information that you want to keep separate from your team account, you should be able to do that.

I hope that answers all your questions! Like Penderworth said, if you would like to give the 1Password 6 for Windows beta a shot, you can do that, but it is still beta software. It's up to you to decide whether you want to use it or wait for the stable version to be released. :)

This discussion has been closed.