How can I add 1PW 6.3 to my newly acquired Apple MacBook Pro?

Options
JoeAldrich
JoeAldrich
Community Member

I have a Mac Mini using 1PW 6.3. I wish to add this 1PW 6.3 to my new MacBook. I want the two computers to be synchronized so that both use the same passwords. I should be able to add a new password to either computer and it then be available for use on either computer. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 where I mostly keep WIFI turned off to save battery usage.

Thanks

Joe

1Password Version: 1PW 6.3
Extension Version: 1Password 4.5.6
OS Version: OS X 10.11.5
Sync Type: Local WIFI
Referrer: forum-search:How can I add 1PW 6.3 to my newly acquired Apple MacBook Pro?

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

No problem.

The procedure is slightly different depending on whether you bought 1PW from the Mac App Store or direct from AgileBits.

If you bought from the App Store, then just download it using the same Apple ID. If you bought from AgileBits, then download it and APPLY your licence (if you still have the email with the licence, then copy it to your new machine and click on the link in the email. Or get it sent again by going to https://agilebits.com/home/licenses).

On the Android phone you will need to get 1PW for Android. This has a free trial, but you would need to pay after thirty days.

On the new machines, you would need to Continue without Account (the Account option is for 1PW for Teams/Families).

You can't use iCloud on the Android device, so the best way of syncing is using Dropbox.

There is an alternative option, but it is a subscription model, 1PW for Families. It will work on all your devices, never requires an upgrade fee (the stand-alone model could ask for a fee when 1PW is upgraded to version7, but no-one knows), and is slightly easier to set up as syncing is automatic. Also your passwords can be read on any device using a web browser. I decided I did not want to pay a subscription, but plenty individual users find it useful, even if they do not have family members to share with.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @JoeAldrich,

What danco said is correct. I've resent you your license so you can apply it to your new computer :chuffed: You can find the instructions to sync your different devices here: https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#sync-it-yourself-with-icloud-or-dropbox.

Please let us know if everything goes well and if there's anything else that we can help you with :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.