Just wondered how you can tell if you actually have an account or still operating in trial mode?

nitsua42
nitsua42
Community Member

Have it synching on Ipad and Iphone - not sure if I have a live account or not. When it asks me for a username. Obviously I only have a password

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Hi - just wondered - was not sure if I still had a demo account or was fully active ?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member

@nitsua42

Sounds like you are using the standalone type version of 1Password. In that you are using Dropbox and or iCloud for syncing. Please note this requires manual configuration to achieve syncing.

If you were using the new Teams/Families syncing, which requires an account you would have a login and a URL. I personally, being non paid and non staff love the monthly account as syncing is all setup and accomplished by default.

You may wish to look into it yourself. No push not trying to sell you on anything. Just one end user to another end user sorta thing. Its far easier and just works with very little user configuration.

https://1password.com

The staff will be along soon, please post back with any further questions you may have.

• nitsua42
    nitsua42
    Community Member

Thanks - really appreciate it. Just want to confirm if I have an account or not so if a staff member can ping me - tanks as my main concern as I sit here in New Zealand (on a Queens birthday Monday) and sort out my passwords is - can you log on remotely like evernote or do you have to have your phone or ipad if you are to access this. I guess the paying access give you access in the cloud from any device??

• nitsua42
    nitsua42
    Community Member

Without a registered account is your iphone synching with ipad as mine is - but not my laptop

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nitsua42,

I've checked with the email account that you use for the forums and we don't have anything registered under it, either a license or an account. Given that this could include some personal information, could you please send us an email to support@agilebits.com with some other email address you might have used so we can check for you? If you got 1Password from the AppStore then you for sure have a 1Password license and not a subscription.

can you log on remotely like evernote or do you have to have your phone or ipad if you are to access this. I guess the paying access give you access in the cloud from any device??

You're right, if you have a standalone license then your data is only stored in your devices, therefore you need to have them to be able to access your information. If you have an account then your data is stored on our servers and you can access it anywhere you want via the browser interface! That's one of the many big advantage of 1Password Families.

Please let us know if you have any other questions that we can help you with :chuffed:

• nitsua42
    nitsua42
    Community Member

Thank you - will check it out and get synchronised!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you are quite welcome! :)

Have a great rest of your week!

This discussion has been closed.