Auto login not working any more on Medicare site

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

OK, the results are in. Alaska Airlines works, USAA works. Medicare still does not. On the medicare site, 1Password fills the fields. You can then click on the Sign In button and the login process begins. You do get the second screen with all the disclaimers. If you just hit the enter/return key in leu of clicking the Sign In button nothing happens. If you first click/put the cursor at the end of the password field and then hit enter/return the login works. All other logins I have tried (~75) work as they always have.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Steve_H,

I don't have a real account with Medicare (geographically not within their domain) so I've been reluctant to do too much testing given the warnings they love to pop up but I created a test Login item and decided to see what happened if I followed through. It filled the two fields and with auto-submit enabled and using the beta extension in Safari it proceeded to show me the warning message which I believe is only visible after the initial attempt to submit the form? I clicked on agree and then it told me there was something wrong with the credentials. I could be wrong but it seemed to work as well as it could for me given I was testing with test data.

I don't know what should be different but do you see the same behaviour if you create a brand new Login item for that site using the steps laid in in our How to save a Login manually in your browser guide? Does it still not submit for you?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

What appears to be happening is that after 1Password fills the password field, 1Password loses the focus so that even if you try using the enter key, nothing submits. If you put the cursor back into the password field, and then use the enter key, it submits just fine. After creating a brand new login using the manual method, the login will work several times but then reverts back to the old behavior.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

I'm pretty confused about this one… I tested the Medicare site with a Login I saved in the main application with just a URL, username, and password and also with the Login I previously created from the browser extension on May 27. Both of these still fill and submit properly for me, so I'm not so sure what could be the difference between our two setups…

The only difference should be that I'm using pre-release 1Password builds, but we haven't made any significant changes to the parts of the 1Password application that are related to form filling since 6.3 that should be impacting this, so I'm a bit nonplussed. :|

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Well, this is really very funky. Sometimes its works perfect and then sometimes it doesn't. I have not been able to put my finger on what is different but I am still looking.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Steve_H: Doh! Please let us know what you find! If there are specific steps that might help us reproduce the issue here it may allow us to get to the bottom of this for you.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Aye, aye captain. :) :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:pirate: :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

OK, after a couple of clean installs, going back and forth before the MAS version and your version, I give up. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on nor consistently reproduce the problem. I am going to wait until the next releases of the application and extension come out and then see what happens. Sorry.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

No need to apologize! I'm sorry that it's been this much trouble. Thanks again for your patience and willingness to work with us on this issue!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited June 2016

OK, I refused to give up. Another start over using the latest beta of 1Password (1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-2 (650002)
    AgileBits Beta, and the latest version of the beta extension 4.5.7b3 , Medicare, USAA, Alaska Airlines are working. Also, the Apple ID (Discussions, iCloud, Apple ID) sites are working. Oh, I forgot to tell you; this is without having 1Password data and other data stored up in iCloud.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

OK, I refused to give up. Another start over using the latest beta of 1Password (1Password 6 Version 6.5.BETA-2 (650002) AgileBits Beta, and the latest version of the beta extension 4.5.7b3 , Medicare, USAA, Alaska Airlines are working. Also, the Apple ID (Discussions, iCloud, Apple ID) sites are working.

@Steve_H: Awesome! I'm sorry that it was so absurdly difficult, but I'm glad to hear that it's working for you now! :chuffed:

Oh, I forgot to tell you; this is without having 1Password data and other data stored up in iCloud.

I'm not sure I understand the context here. Are you saying that iCloud is not setup at all on your Mac? That shouldn't have any impact on 1Password (apart from not being able to sync using iCloud, obviously). Let me know if there's something else here that I'm missing!

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

Right, at the time of the post, nothing on my Mac was up on iCloud. (thought that might be part of the problem, slowness, data garble during transit, etc). Since then, I have turn iCloud functions back on and I still have a working system. So, I think ya got it fixed. Thanks to all of you at Agilebits.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Right, at the time of the post, nothing on my Mac was up on iCloud. (thought that might be part of the problem, slowness, data garble during transit, etc).

Ah, understood. Thanks for clearing that up for me!

Since then, I have turn iCloud functions back on and I still have a working system. So, I think ya got it fixed. Thanks to all of you at Agilebits.

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.