How do I authorize multiple domains for a single Team?

mighty
mighty
Community Member

My company uses two different domains for our emails. As the admin I registered under one email and want to change it to the other, plus I would like to allow new team members to be able to join via the new domain. When I went to change my email I was given a message saying, "Email addresses from this domain are not allowed. Please use a different one or contact your team admin for assistance."

How do I authorize both domains for our Team account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

Hi @mighty (strong username, by the way)

You can change this by following these steps:

1. Sign in to your account on 1Password.com
    2. Open the Account menu in the top-right corner
    3. Choose the Admin Console and click Invitations
    4. Add the domains you want to use in the "Allowed domains" field

That should get everything up and running for you :)

• mighty
    mighty
    Community Member

Hi @nmott ,

Ha, thanks! We're quite fond of the name ourselves :chuffed: — Those steps were exactly what I needed. Of course it was under one of the only tabs I didn't click (invitations didn't seem logical to me for domains). But I added the domain, saved, and was able to update the proper email. Thanks for the response!

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni

@mighty any time! Please let us know if you need help with anything else 8-)

• dilkROM
    dilkROM
    Community Member

If I may piggyback here, @nmott, this feature is currently not working. Tested on both Chrome and Safari browsers using Mac OS X. What happens when I add in domains is that the save button is clickable but there is no user feedback and afterwards no links on the page work at all. Refreshing the page requires a re-login.

Any ideas?

• Hi @dilkROM,

Thanks for letting us know about that! I just tested it and seem to get the same results you do. I've filed an issue for our developers to investigate further.

Thanks!

Ben

ref: B5-2134

• I am sorry about the trouble!

We added a bit of extra validation on the server side this morning and it wasn't quite ready for the prime time. This problem should now be fixed.

• dilkROM
    dilkROM
    Community Member

Hey @Ben, hey @roustem,

Thanks for your responses and the super swift fix. Totally works, great job! :smile:

Cheers,
    dR

• On behalf of the team, you're welcome. :) We're here if you need us.

This discussion has been closed.