getting password from desktop to web

pattiea
pattiea
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hello, I'm really feeling stupid and have been trying to get this done for the last 6 hours.... ARRGGGG

I'm following the instructions outlined here: https://support.1password.com/teams-families-migrate/win.html, and yet I'm getting the following error: errorCode":104,"errorMessage":"Incorrect Version value has been sent.","requestId":449840,

I've tried to send a crash report for the last 24 hours (I've just opened this account today, not a good user experience), and the crash report, opens a new chrome browser window but does nothing else.

So, I hope I don't have to just admit that I can't figure this out and move to a different service because I've heard such good stuff about your service, but I can't keep spending valuable hour after hour trying to figure this out.

1Password Version: 1password beta 2016.03.1600
Extension Version: 4.5.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm getting the following error: errorCode":104,"errorMessage":"Incorrect Version value has been sent.","requestId":449840,

@pattiea: I'm not sure I understand completely. Can you tell me which step you're on when you receive this error?

I've moved this discussion to the 1Password for Windows 10 beta category of the forums to make sure that the development team can help as well.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@pattiea, this is a known issue that we're working on right now. As soon as this issue has been fixed, I'll be sure to update you here in the forums.

• pattiea
    pattiea
    Community Member

@mohamedosman, well crap... your sales page makes it sound as though everything is already in place. So basically what you are saying is that right now, there is no way to use this in a Windows 10 environment? So it really doesn't work across all devices? My Chrome extensions don't work either, they need some sort of helper app that is not in the Windows app store.

Is there some other version that I should be using that DOES work? Do you have some sort of time frame in which this will be working? Why not send out an email to customers when it's working instead of posting to forum where most customers will not return to? After all, customers generally on post to forums when there is an issue and then only selectively follow posts. I'm sure you don't have time to follow up on each post after the fix is in.

I guess I"m just disappointed that your sales pages made the service look so good, I spent over 6 hours trying to get something to work, only to find out that there are bugs and you don't have a time frame in which they will be resolved.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@pattiea, this is a new bug that only presented itself when the last build was released earlier this week, so it is very new. While I can't give you a specific time when the bug will be fixed, I can tell you that it's being worked on right now and will be fixed soon. And, once the fix is in, we'll make a post in the release notes and I'll be following up personally with the users who reported this issue in the forums to ensure that we have fixed the issue.

I'm sorry that the current state of the app did not meet your expectations, but I can assure you that we'll be working hard to make it better for you, and all of our users.

• Viswa2503
    Viswa2503
    Community Member

I get the same error. I was so excited to set all this up. But now I cannot. Pls let me know when this is fixed.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I get the same error. I was so excited to set all this up. But now I cannot. Pls let me know when this is fixed.

@Viswa2503: Will do! I'm sorry for the trouble. We're working hard on the beta to get it ready for release. :chuffed:

your sales page makes it sound as though everything is already in place. So basically what you are saying is that right now, there is no way to use this in a Windows 10 environment? So it really doesn't work across all devices? My Chrome extensions don't work either, they need some sort of helper app that is not in the Windows app store.

Sorry for the confusion! We actually don't have a sales page for the 1Password for Windows 10 beta app because...well, it isn't for sale, and it's still beta software. While it isn't yet complete, it's absolutely possible to use 1Password on Windows 10 (we and many other are, after all), but I'm sorry that you've run into this particular issue. As Mohamed mentioned, he and the rest of the team are working to get this resolved, but I apologize for the inconvenience in the mean time. :(

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@pattiea @Viswa2503
    We've just made a new release (Beta 21 (2016.3.2000)) to fix this issue, please make sure you're on the latest build and let us know if migrating works for you.

• pattiea
    pattiea
    Community Member

This is still not working. I'm supposed to be billed this month but I don't want to pay for something that is not working. Is this ever going to be resolved so that it will finally work as advertised? I'm going to have to cancel my subscription because my credits ran out and nothing on my billing page says anything about not being billed until it's working.

• mohamedosman
    mohamedosman
    1Password Alumni

@pattie, are you experiencing the same issue that you originally reported, or is something else not working? This issue should have been fixed a while ago, so please make sure you're update to the latest version of the beta.

To update, go to the Windows Store app, click on your profile image (right next to search) and select "Downloads and Updates". If you're still having trouble updating, I suggest giving 1Password 6 a try. The app checks and installs updates automatically at launch.

Let me know if this helps.

This discussion has been closed.