Invalid Account Key on any device BUT Mac

eamonn
eamonn
Community Member

I just opened a 1Password Teams account to use at work with my team. Everything works GREAT on the Mac. Installed the Android App on my phone and Windows App on my personal PC. I can open both, and both are checking and finding the Dropbox file for the Vault, but neither are populating. When I attempt to login in with my Account Key, copied straight off the Mac setup, both Android and PC return "Invalid Account Key." Is this normal?

Full disclosure: I am still working on the Free Trial, as I am hoping to A) work all the bugs out and see if it can actually operate the way I want it to before paying for it, and B) trying to postpone as long as I can to get it onto the Fiscal budget starting July 1.

Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: 6.3
Extension Version: 4.5.6.90
OS Version: 10.11.5
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hi @eamonn,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us. I'm sorry that you are having some trouble.

I'm a bit confused as you mentioned Dropbox as well as an Account Key. Dropbox does not play any role in a 1Password Teams account. 1Password Teams handles everything itself to ensure that your data is available on all your devices.

• Can you confirm that you are able to sign in to 1Password.com on your Mac using that same Account Key?
    • If so, I recommend scanning the QR code to sign in from your Android device. On 1Password.com, click the Account menu in the top right and choose “Get the Apps” to see your Account Key and QR code.

Let me know how it goes. I'm sure we can get it sorted out. It sounds like there may be at least one misunderstanding if you were trying to use Dropbox to sync data in your team account.

• eamonn
    eamonn
    Community Member

I've tried scanning the QR Code following the 1Password directions. I can get the QR Code Scanner to open on 1Password, but it does not identify the QR Code and scan it, nor is there a way to manually scan it.

As for the Dropbox, in setting up the 1Password on the Mac, I enabled creating vaults outside of 1Password and created a folder in Dropbox. Both my Android device AND my PC, are directing to the Dropbox folder automatically, but they do not pull anything down, thus the login list is unpopulated.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@eamonn,

If everything matches, you should be able to sign in. I'm wondering if one of the following just isn't lining up correctly.

Make sure that all your details are correct. If you're not sure, you can find them in your Emergency Kit:

• Email address. If you have multiple 1Password accounts and email addresses, make sure you're using the email address you used to sign up for this account.
    • Account Key. If you have multiple 1Password accounts, make sure you're using the right Account Key for this account. Can’t find your Account Key?
    • Master Password. If you have multiple 1Password accounts or vaults, make sure you're using the right password for this account. It may not be the same password you use to unlock 1Password on your computers or mobile devices. Can't remember your Master Password?

If you see a message that your Account Key or email address is incorrect, also make sure that you're using the right sign-in address for your team.

Sorry if this seems very basic, but I've seen a number of folks have trouble signing in when everything was right except the sign-in address. I just want to be 100% sure that everything is entered correctly. So far we don't have any other reports of trouble signing in to 1Password family or team accounts in the Android or Windows apps, so we need to figure out what is happening in your case. This will help us narrow it down a bit.

If you're still having trouble, could you take a screenshot of the exact error you see and post it with your reply? I'm wondering if that will provide a clue. :)

• eamonn
    eamonn
    Community Member

I got the Android device to work. On log-in, it appeared that the Key was auto-populating, but in fact was NOT. So the phone is sorted, but every time I try to use the SAME key on the PC, it DOES NOT work. BUT, the PC log-in does NOT give me the option to subscribe to a team, ALL it asks for is the Key. Can't figure out how to make it ask me for a team login.

• @eamonn Good to know! It sounds like you're using an older version of 1Password for Windows. The new beta has support for 1Password Teams, and that's what you'll need to use your account on your PC. You can learn how to install it here:

Help us welcome 1Password 6 to our Windows family!

Let us know if you have any questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.