Logins not being displayed properly

Options
cwanja
cwanja
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Updated to the latest beta this morning on Windows 7 and logged in to find that over half of my logins are not displaying properly. Some continue to display fine, while others look like the screenshot I emailed into support. It looks as if they are displaying the hash or however 1Password references them. I have checked iOS and there is no issue, but I am not near a Mac at the moment to verify there.

Screenshot provided in: MKT-68755-173

1Password Version: 1Password 2016.6.510d
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: Windows 7 x64
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

A re-sync of the data (removing the vaults, re-signing into Dropbox and re-adding them) seemed to resolve the issue. Guessing this might have been the work of me creating new vaults and somehow the primary fault was renamed from "1Password" to "default" - I do not recall doing this. As it stands in my Dropbox, it is still called "1Password.opvault". So I am not sure why it is now displaying as "default" in 1Password Windows Beta 6.

• This is an issue with the database needing a reset because of changes we made to the way 1Password 6 builds the database.
    You did exactly the right thing by removing everything and adding it again.

The name change is something that we're aware of and looking to find a solution for.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response @AlexHoffmann. In response to the name change, once you find the resolution for it will I need to remove and re-add everything back again? Or is it simply a text field that would change?

Was there any notice sent on the application that this was done? And that the steps I preformed would need to be taken?

Has there been any thought around providing a release log (outside of the thread that I already follow)? I know several updates could be pushed in a single day, but this was a pretty significant change that seemed to botch my data (not sure about others).

Apologize for throwing multiple questions into this thread. Just seems to be snowballed together though.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

In response to the name change, once you find the resolution for it will I need to remove and re-add everything back again? Or is it simply a text field that would change?

It should be a simple text change but nothing is a sure thing in software development and what may be simple, may be very complex instead.

Was there any notice sent on the application that this was done? And that the steps I preformed would need to be taken?

No, we haven't informed anyone that a reset would fix this as it wasn't needed for everyone but for some, yes. We are planning to have one more database reset for the beta apps, this would fix it as well. As we're getting closer to the release timeframe in late summer, we are going to start informing users once we're done with database resets.

Has there been any thought around providing a release log (outside of the thread that I already follow)? I know several updates could be pushed in a single day, but this was a pretty significant change that seemed to botch my data (not sure about others).

We do plan to add release notes to the app and to push it to our changelog server once we're closer to the first stable release. For now, we have to prioritize on the core features to get it ready.

As for the change, what happened was that the database already contained these deleted items prior to the update. The app did not correctly remove them from the database when you asked the vault to be removed. When we started implementing All Vaults, which enable the app to show everything in the database, the deleted items became more visible. We found the cause and we have fixed it. However, there was no clear method to remove these deleted items from the database, beside resetting and importing the data again. This is something we're investigating to prevent in the future as well.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

We've just shipped an update to fix the local vault names, restart the app to get the update. However, you'll have to remove and add the local vaults as we won't be able to update them on the fly.

• cwanja
    cwanja
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Thanks for the thorough explanation and details @MikeT. Always appreciate the support from the 1Password team.

Edit: things look good @MikeT

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @cwanja,

That's great, thanks for letting us know!

This discussion has been closed.