Questions on syncing options (Chromebook, Android phone, and PC Desktop)

TrishaLynn
TrishaLynn
Community Member

A while back my spouse had purchased for me a PC license for 1Password and I use it to manage my passwords there on Firefox and Chrome. I recently purchased a Chromebook, signed up for Families, and want to save only some of my password data in Families, so I started storing things in the Personal Vault. I also have an Android phone (running Lollipop) and only want to be able to access only a few of the Families passwords there, so I copied some of the Personal Vault items over to the Shared drive.

If I have the 1Password app on my phone, other than WiFi syncing and using Dropbox or a folder on my phone, is there any other way I can access the Shared vault? I was thinking I could create a second Families account and use the second account to sign in to just view the Shared things. Does that sound like a good workaround?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• saad
    edited June 2016

@TrishaLynn Thank you for your continued support of 1Password. I would be more than happy to help you configure 1Password to your liking.

Let’s cover the basics first. Is there a particular reason you don’t want to keep all of your items in your 1Password Families account? When you first create a 1Password Families account, you have a Personal vault, that is only accessible to you, and you have a Shared vault, that is accessible to other members in your 1Password Family (unless configured otherwise). From here, you can easily create new vaults and choose if you want anyone else in your family to have access to it. Sometimes, it can make sense to create a new vault that only you can access just to better organize your items.

On Android, all you need to do is add your 1Password Family account by going into 1Password’s Settings > 1Password accounts > Add account. That’s it! You should see all of your items on your Android device now. :)

I wouldn’t recommend creating a second 1Password Family because you will need to subscribe your second account as well for full access. It’s not necessary in my opinion.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more information about anything I said above. :)

P.S. Google announced Android apps will be coming to Chromebooks later this year! That means you will soon be able to use 1Password for Android on a Chromebook computer ;)

This discussion has been closed.