Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi, @Gilles9. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I do indeed see the same behavior. I will work on a fix today.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Beta 19 did NOT fix the problem

so still back at Beta 17

I'll keep you informed

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks, @Gilles9. That's to be expected for now. I'm hoping to look further into this today. Just to be clear, part of the reason this happened is because of a fix we made to focusing the correct field on Google and Tumblr (among some others) and this appears to be a regression caused by that change.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks,
    keep me updated

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Will do! Hopefully we'll be able to find a solution that works in both cases. Thanks for your patience!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9 I've been working on this since you reported it and I think I have a solution. I've opened a pull request to address it, but it is a pretty big change from how we're doing things now and I'm soliciting quite a bit of feedback about the approach. I don't want to promise anything just yet, but I do want to keep you up-to-date that it's getting the attention it needs.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

thanks @jxpx777

but loosing the ability to autosubmit on that site is a major regression for me
    so I'll stick with 6.3 beta 17 until you can confirm this is fixed
    or I'll revert to the prior official release

I will not update or upgrade anymore if this site is not fixed

Thanks for informing me, I'll wait for now

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Oh wow
    I now see I cannot revert to a previous non-beta version as 6.2.1
    as to open my db I need the newer version, constant error message

are you saying that if this is not fixed, for my website; I'll be stuck with a beta version forever ( 6.3.b17)

How can I revert my data file so it works with a previous version (released version non-beta) as 6.2.1 ?

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yes, @Gilles9, that is correct. This is to protect users from inconsistencies between the local 1Password database after some migrations have been run so that the previous version, which obviously does not know about those migrations, does not cause data corruption issues.

I'm truly sorry for the trouble, but I will say that BNC is likely to stay broken for a little bit while we work on a fix and this is likely to be in the stable 6.3 release. While we could simply revert the change that broke this, that fix was to help folks autosubmit on Google and Tumblr sign in pages, which are more popular sites than BNC. I certainly understand that this is an important site for you and that this will be a big inconvenience, but I hope you can understand the tradeoff and that the tradeoff we need to make is just for now while we work toward a solution that works for BNC while preserving the improvements to these popular sites.

Thanks for your patience.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I'll stick with beta 7
    since the 6.3 release will not fix this

please try to inform me when this is fixed, so I can update

Thanks

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

a quick question @jxpx777
    if I export my data to a 1pif file
    will I be able to import that file in 6.2.1 release

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

if I export my data to a 1pif file will I be able to import that file in 6.2.1 release

@Gilles9: Absolutely. 1PIF is an export format and 1Password supports it natively. You're only likely to run into trouble if you tried to import 1Password 6 data into 1Password 3, since we've added a lot of additional features to items since then. If you do choose to go this route, be sure to destroy the export after you're done with it. It's unencrypted, plain text.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Could you at least make it that the cursor is in the password field, once filles
    so I can just press "enter" to mov on

Right now, it fills but I have to ge and click "enter" on the webpage or insert the cursor in the password field to press "enter. on my keyboard

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9 You're right. We have to do better here. For now, my experience is that after filling, the focus is in the account number field and I can press return there just as easily as on the password field. Does that work for you as well?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it does leave the cursor in the number field, so pressing "enter" on the keyboard gets me in

it is less pain

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for confirming that, Gilles! I'm glad it eases things for you while we work on a better fix.

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, now fixed
    by extension 4.5.7 beta 1

hope it keeps on working ( autosubmit )

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Gilles9,

That's great news. The work that went into the latest beta was all about this issue so we're happy to hear it has helped.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Gilles9 Just wanted to post a follow-up. We released 4.5.7 beta 2 today. It has some further tweaks to fix some other sites that had issues after our fixes in beta 1. I just wanted to make sure that BNC is still working for you. We tested it explicitly as part of the testing before releasing the beta, but we would love some confirmation from outside our team. :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Yes it is,

I was somehow nervous,
    when I read: "We ripped it apart and rewrote it for this release."

but it works
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016
    Options

Haha no need to worry: we're professionals! If it doesn't work, back to the drawing board. Glad to hear the new release helped. Cheers! :)

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hello @brenty and @jxpx777

Now 6.5 beta 1 of the 1P application
    broke it again,

same website, same problem that it does not autosubmit ( was fixed with 4.5.7 b2 of Safari Extension running along with 6.3.1 )

Now back to the initial problem submitted as Post 1

Please fix back, this is REGRESSION, and not welcome at all

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm not able to reproduce the problem you're seeing, @Gilles9. I just updated to the latest 1Password beta and made sure my extension was updated to 4.5.7.2 in Chrome and BNC continues to fill and submit just fine for me… Perhaps something else is going on?

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

I am using Safari, Mac os latest

• Gilles9
    Gilles9
    Community Member
    Options

Hummm...

reverted to 6.3.1
    then gave it another try with 6.5 b1

it now works.....

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Very odd. It sounds like maybe something was being cached. Often rebooting will help if something seems a bit off after an update. Be sure to let us know if you encounter any further issues!

This discussion has been closed.