Allow Creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts?

Options
skj
skj
Community Member
edited May 2016 in Mac

Trying to understand a greyed out section in 1Password 6.3 > Preferences > Advanced: Local Vaults > Allow Creation of vaults outside of 1Password accounts. Why I can not uncheck that? Option is checked and grayed out.

!!! Mine looks different, it is greyed out, I can not uncheck it

1Password Version: 1Password 6.3
OS Version: Mac OS 10.11.5

Comments

• vplewis
    vplewis
    Community Member
    Options

@skj Most likely this means you are NOT using 1Password for Families or 1Password for Teams. You will not be able delete your Primary vault unless you sign up for a Families or Team account. HTH

• skj
    skj
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for pointing this out. I guess I am confused by what 1Password Account means in relation to just 1Password. Will read on that.
    Another post here
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/308409#Comment_308409
    had a hint about Family accounts.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2016
    Options

Hi @skj,

I'm sorry for the confusion with 1Password and the different ways in which it works! You only have a 1Password account if you have a subscription to 1Password Families or Teams. This is a fairly new service and your data is hosted on our servers. If you have a standalone license (you purchased 1Password once and that was it), then you don't have an account. That's why the option you mentioned would be greyed out.

Please let us know if this clears things up and if you have any other questions that we can help you with! :chuffed:

• skj
    skj
    Community Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Now, I got it. Thank you! :chuffed: :chuffed: :chuffed:

This is a good post from you, Pilar, as well:

With 1Password and the different ways in which it works! You only have an account if you have a 1Password Families or Teams subscription. If you're using 1Password in the traditional way and syncing your data via Dropbox or iCloud then you need to click on "Use without an account". When you click there you'll be prompted to set a syncing method. You can see how to set up syncing here. Once you've done this 1Password will be back to normal :chuffed:

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @skj,

I'm glad to hear both of these posts helped! :chuffed: There are always new things to learn about 1Password, and we're always here and happy to talk about them! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.