Sales Inquiry 1Password for Teams

Options
tuna_hp
tuna_hp
Community Member

I have been trying to get in touch with a sales representative for 2 days. No response from my emails to support@ or sales@1password.com. Maybe the users on this forum know a little about these features. If any representative of 1Password sees this, I am still available for a phone call.

• Can I limit the access that guests have to Vaults, set an expiration?
  • Can I share specific passwords within a Vault, rather than the whole Vault?
  • Is there 2 factor auth for my users?
  • Can I force my users to use 2 factor auth?
  • What features are there for me to enforce my users to have good passwords?
  • Can I force my users to change their 1Password passwords? Can I enforce a regime of having them change other passwords on a regular basis.
  • Is there a password history kept (history of past password for the account)? Can individual users clear history? Is there a history of who has made changes to passwords?
  • What else can I do to help me figure out where the security breakdown was if a property gets compromised?
  • How does 1Password for Teams interact with native apps (Mac, iOS, Android)
  • If I create a 1Password Teams account now while you have the promotion on Pro pricing, how will that work as I add additional users in the future? Can I keep adding Pro users at the promotional price if I have to add, for example, 5 more users next year?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• nmott
    nmott
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tuna_hp I apologize for the delay in getting back to you via email. We're doing our best to keep up with all the interest in 1Password Teams, and we're currently hiring for our support team so we'll be able to respond even faster. I've done my best to answer your questions below :)

Can I limit the access that guests have to Vaults, set an expiration?

Guests have access to a vault until they are manually removed from them.

Can I share specific passwords within a Vault, rather than the whole Vault?

Sharing is currently done on the vault level. If you want to share some passwords but not others, the best option is to make a new vault.

Is there 2 factor auth for my users?

Not in the traditional sense. 1Password Teams uses a combination of a randomly generated Account Key and a user-created Master Password to protect data. The combination is in many ways superior to having a one-time code sent to a device. You can learn more about it here.

Can I force my users to use 2 factor auth?

Answered above.

What features are there for me to enforce my users to have good passwords?

If you have access to the vaults to which the passwords are saved, you will see a password strength indicator under each login. It's best to encourage your users to change weak passwords, and have a policy of randomly generating new passwords with 1Password, to ensure that they aren't using something like "password" or "guest" for important accounts. 1Password can't force these people to be safe, though -- it can just make being safe as convenient as possible and eliminate the barriers to using strong, unique passwords.

Can I force my users to change their 1Password passwords? Can I enforce a regime of having them change other passwords on a regular basis.

If you're in a position to instate that policy, sure! But given that 1Password is merely storing login data, not creating or modifying it where that data is used, it can't force people to change their passwords. Like I said above: 1Password makes it easy to be secure, but it can't force its users into being more secure.

Is there a password history kept (history of past password for the account)? Can individual users clear history? Is there a history of who has made changes to passwords?

1Password Teams has a feature that allows you to view previous versions of any item. Individual users cannot clear this history, but for how long versions are stored depends on your subscription plan. The person who modified an item is shown next to each version.

What else can I do to help me figure out where the security breakdown was if a property gets compromised?

I'm afraid I don't understand this question. Do you mind clarifying it?

How does 1Password for Teams interact with native apps (Mac, iOS, Android)

1Password Teams gives you automatic access to all the 1Password apps. You do not have to purchase these apps or the Pro features inside of them; they are included in your subscription costs. Once you have downloaded the apps you will be able to sign in with your 1Password account. After that, your data will be automatically synced, and you will have access to any updates made to these apps.

If I create a 1Password Teams account now while you have the promotion on Pro pricing, how will that work as I add additional users in the future? Can I keep adding Pro users at the promotional price if I have to add, for example, 5 more users next year?

Additional users will be billed at the promotional price no matter when they are added, as long as your subscription remains active. So if you subscribe now and continue using 1Password Teams, then add five new users in August, they'll get the discounted price. But if you subscribe now, allow your subscription to lapse or cancel your subscription and then sign back up, all users will be billed normally.

I think that about does it! Let me know what you meant by that one question above, or if you're curious about anything else :)

This discussion has been closed.