Nagging about sharing functionality

ollifi
ollifi
Community Member

6.4.2 introduced sharing functionality security warning. I expected it to show once or just occasionally. However, it shows every time when sharing something. I personally don't share often, but for folks sharing often, that nagging is annoying. I suggest to show it just once, or at least have an option in advanced settings to toggle the warning.

1Password Version: 6.4.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Penelope Pitstop
    Penelope Pitstop
    Community Member

I agree with @ollifi on this. In addition, if consistent with iOS GUI guidelines, I would like to see a "Don't ask me this again." checkbox on the prompt along with a Cancel button underneath the I Understand option just like on OS X.

• iamecho
    iamecho
    Community Member

I think this is an excellent solution for those who were upset about certain sharing abilities being taken away. Kudos to 1Password for listening to your users and finding an acceptable middle ground. The pop up windows are a good reminder to be diligent about security & I personally don't mind seeing them at all.

• Good morning, @ollifi, @Penelope Pitstop, and @iamecho. Thanks for the feedback! We're taking a pretty conservative stance right now in the way we're bringing back this feature. I understand that seeing the warning each time could get a little irritating. We may make some changes to it in a future version but for now it will stay the way it is.

This discussion has been closed.