Dropbox Issues?

Sync Failure between iPhone and Dropbox
Brand new user to 1Password. I can't get my iPhone to sync with Dropbox. I downloaded the trial version of windows desktop, made a couple of entries as a test, and backed up to dropbox, I see the backup file in my dropbox file. I fire up the iPhone and try to sync with dropbox and it says "Failed to find the data file on dropbox, make sure are using the latest version etc. Can you please help. Is it because you can't sync with a "trial" version of the desktop? I'm happy to plunk the $40 down if it works correctly.
Cheers.
Paul

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Paul.

You can certainly have 1Password save its backups in your Dropbox folder, but in order for syncing to work, you will need to store your actual 1Password data there. Simply click the "Move to Dropbox" button in 1Password's preferences as outlined in step two of our Dropbox syncing guide.

Please let me know how it turns out.
  • Background:
    iPhone Specs: version 4.2.1 (8C148) 3G
    iPhone 1Password is ver 3.5.9 (Apr 11, 2011) supposedly the latest
    iPhone Dropbox is ver 1.4.2

Mac Specs: version MacBook Air, OS X 10.6.7
    Mac 1Password is ver 3.6.1
    Mac Dropbox is ver 1.1.35

I am new to Dropbox and I am trying to sync my iPhone 1Password data to my Mac's 1Password. I have the same file folder named in both iPhone's and Mac's dropbox.
    I am getting the following 1Password Sync error/failure message.

"Failed to find the data file on Dropbox. Please make sure you are using the latest version of 1Password (which it appears that I am when I checked on updates) on you Mac... Also make sure that Dropbox is fully synced on your desktop (which appears to be the case since it loaded the Mac's file name into my iPhone's Dropbox folder list).

What do I need to do to get the iPhone's 1Password data into the Mac's 1Password data file?

Thanks... TMR
  • bswins
    edited July 2011
    Hello TMR and welcome to the Forums!

I merged your topic with a similar thread.

I appreciate your detailed post. Thanks for all the information!

Before going further, I want to be sure that you followed all the steps listed in 1P's help guide for setting up Dropbox syncing: Automatic Syncing Using Dropbox

Please review the steps listed in the guide and let me know if you are still seeing the same error message.

Please forgive me if you've already followed those instructions, but I want to be sure that we are on the same page.

I look forward to your reply. We'll have you up and running very soon!

Cheers!

Brandt

This discussion has been closed.